Does anyone here reborn at night?

I have been trying to get started for days, but my two year old is just a little too “helpful” to get anything done (I know, what was I thinking?), so I’m guessing I can only work at night. There may be a lighting issue though, right? Do I need any special kind of lamp or anything? Too bad because my work space is right in front of a huge window. :confused:

6 Likes

I just asked this same thing cuz I had to keep stopping when the sun started setting. Lol Everybody pretty much said the OTT light is the best! I still need to grab one. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I do a lot of reborning at night when it’s quiet and peaceful. I recently moved my painting desk into the dining room as my private workroom was just too dark. I replaced all the bulbs in there with bright daylight bulbs in a natural day light color, I don’t do a lot of detail work at night but I’ll add base colors, washes, flesh tones and do any hair painting of any needs to be done. I wait on mottling or fine details during the day light so I can take it to different rooms and outside to check for pooling, runs, color changes etc. I also do lots of work during naps too :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks, ladies! Amazon Prime here I come! Lol Just looked and discovered that there are thousands of these. What’s good? The big floor lamp? I just saw a small desk top one that has some magnifying glass attached. That might be helpful.

@ABHoriginals, thanks, didn’t think of that, but yes, I could do washes and stuff at night, saving the detailed work for the day time.

@DDDolly, Enjoy your nap. That’s my second favorite hobby these days. :joy:

2 Likes

I use the floor lamp. I need more wiggle room than the table model gives.

1 Like

I bought the floor lamp that @jeanhai has, and a large desk one( 200.00 but 40 percent off with hobby lobby coupon) :+1:t2::+1:t2: and a small desk one that was 2 cheap to pass up on eBay!

1 Like

I have a work lamp, I work almost only at night. I can relax & focus at night. :blush:

2 Likes

Usually the only time I get! Luckily I have a wake up alarmy clock with simulation sun, it’s pretty good. I’d say an ott lamp?

2 Likes

During the week the only time I’m able to work on babies is at night after work. I have a huge lamp with 5 daylight bulbs and a smaller magnifying ottlite lamp that clamps to my work table for when I’m rooting.

1 Like

I used to only paint at certain times during the day- and not if it was dark and rainy, but since I got my Ottlites I paint whenever I have the time. I have a desk one and a floor version.

2 Likes

I also use the Ott lamp in conjunction with regular lighting, and work when my husband is with our son in the evenings. I think it’s a common issue with little ones. Plus I want to give me little guy my full attention when I’m with him. :slight_smile:

1 Like