Do you think this baby's skin tone looks light latino?

That’s a cute face!! I like the details in his mouth!!:smiley: :heart_eyes:
I’m sorry I know this post is a bit old.

1 Like

I always go dark… I am Spanish and Portuguese so I match my skin, I have a lot of yellow.

This is an awesome baby just the way it is but if you want ethnic maybe a blue and chocolate brown wash? Once you do hair and eyelashes it may darken things a bit.

That Abbie looks so real! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I know this topic is two years old but I just wanted to put an update. I spoke with the artist and she said to achieve this skin tone, she painted like how you would paint a caucasian tone and then going over it with burnt Sienna until she got the skin tone she wanted. She painted the doll with Genesis heat set paints. My question is since I use waterborne air dry paints, do I use the pre mixed flesh tone to get the caucasian tone or would I need to do the primary method?

1 Like

I would just go with whatever gave me the best Caucasian skin tone. I do think that primary method may give a slightly darker caucasian skin tone (at least it seems to do that for me, even mixing my colors very thin). If you want a slightly darker caucasian tone to work from to get the Latino tone, maybe the primary method would be the way to go.

2 Likes