Do sales usually pick up on reborns.com?

Hey all! I was wondering from your past experience do sales typically pick up on reborns.com around in December?

This is my 2nd Xmas on Reborns and my personal observation:
Selling before Xmas is the worst time - so many artists jump in/list just for that time with the low prices. I sold 5 dolls in 3 days a month ago and nothing after that.
What sells well at this time is $200-$300 range as people are mostly buying for kids at this time.
My good friend/ reborn artist is always saying that it is a good time to sell in Jan-Feb as people are getting tax refunds and most collectors shop at that time.
I am selling well at any time of the year, but not in December :frowning: , but I refused to lower my prices to compete with low priced dolls.

10 Likes

It varies.

Sometimes. Sometimes I get more sales in Jan. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I can’t believe it but my sales are so down right now. I have 5 dolls online ranging from 299-799 so hopefully it picks up soon :frowning:

4 Likes

I have never sold a baby over the holidays. I do just fine the rest of the year. Go figure.

2 Likes

Interesting, I would have thought this is the busiest time of year, I guess it just depends on who is looking.

1 Like

I think you’re right. I’ve definitely noticed a bigger selection of budget babies on reborns.com right now.
And no need to lower your prices as a result.

3 Likes

Maybe the January sales are what happens when people didn’t get what they wanted for Christmas.

4 Likes

hahaha! I always assume it is the people who get money in their cards :wink:

6 Likes

Lol, that’s probably right!

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I told my husband when he asked was it a good idea to close November and December. I’ll be ready for TAX TIME, though :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Smart girl! :wink: :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good to know. Thank you!

1 Like

I agree, the busy time right now is for lower priced dolls. Mine do not go on sale for holidays or anything and I don’t lower prices to compete or make a sale :woman_shrugging:t2: Premake sales are slow for me right now but that doesn’t surprise me with all these “my daughter wants a high end realistic reborn baby silicone she seen on YouTube for around $200 or under” :woman_facepalming:t2::rofl:

@Babycrazyforever be careful on buying a silicone for that price. Good Luck!

I really dont understand how there can be budget babies or babies under $200, with the new prices on BB kits, to get the kit, the body and any other supply plus the $10 shipping…wheres the profit if you sell it under $200?

2 Likes

I’m not looking lol and it wouldn’t be anywhere near that price if I was :rofl: those are the constant posts people looking for babies for their kids or themselves lol people want full body silicones with drink and wet for around $500​:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Oh good you scared me for a sec, lol!

1 Like

I was thinking more along the lines of under 3 or 4 hundred. There’s currently a lot there in that price range. $200. looks like a reasonable starting price for a cuddle baby. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes