Do babies sell for more or less around Christmas Season?

Just curious…what are your observations? It seems to me like they would go for less because everyone is spending money on other things. I look at reborns all the time on eBay but I’ve never paid close attention to whether they’re typically more or less expensive during the holidays :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually, they seem to go for more. Around that time people really want to buy “just the thing” for the people they care most about. What is better than a beautiful baby? The other thing about the holidays is that the dolls sell fast.

5 Likes

:open_mouth: Well guess I’ll just keep my fingers crossed, then! Love your new profile picture, by the way :heart:

1 Like

I tend to just keep my same price all year round which insures a constant, steady flow of custom orders…I do try to list one at Christmas each year on Ebay and put it on auction only and they tend to draw higher prices…Not sure if it is because of Christmas or that I don’t list very often any more?..I also find that I sell even better after Christmas - probably because people have asked for Christmas money instead of gifts so they can get what they want later… :smile:

This year, I am taking some time off (as soon as I finish my current custom orders - I have stopped taking any new ones for now)…I need some time off because I am so swamped with orders and so absorbed with trying to get them all done that I feel like I have neglected my hubby (he doesn’t ever complain and is content for me to do what I love but I sit and look at him at night over supper and think - wow, my life is going past and I am missing spending time with my beautiful husband so…going to put the brushes away for a while and have a few picnics and day trips together…looking forward to it!

5 Likes

Have fun, Starr! But please drop us a line once in while or we will surely miss you.

2 Likes

Don’t leave us Starr! No, no, no! At least come spend some time with us. We’ll share with your husband, but your input would be sorely missed and you succinct way of stating things. I guess you can take a break from reborning, but it has to be a break! We need you back here! After your vacation, maybe you could just scale back and save time for him. I work on babies all day because my husband is at work (from home) but the evenings are sacred to us. I spend time with him. We usually just stay home and laugh and talk and review our days, but sometimes we go on dates. The latest was a murder mystery dinner. We dressed up as people from the 1920’s. It was so much fun! But the point is, you can do both. You must! It’s an imperative!

2 Likes

That sounds like loads of fun!

2 Likes

I also do my best to spend the evenings with my hubby and not the dolls. We had recently talked about having date nights on Wednesday nights and, last Wednesday, I was busily working to finish a baby by Thursday night. My hubby reminded me of date night. Groannn… Then, I had a funny thought. I told him it would be really wrong of me to tell him I couldn’t have date night tonight because I was busy making a baby. :flushed: LOL!!! He said, yes, on many levels that would be wrong. So… I put the baby down. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you ladies…I have to finish up these customs so will be working through till Christmas on what I have here. I didn’t mean that I was leaving forever though…lol I am just going to take a few months off after the first of the year and slow down a bit…It is my personality…I am a workaholic so I have to totally stop and then come back slowly. I can’t just slow down- I am hyper as all get out so I just go nuts knowing there are dolls that I could be doing…lol…I want to slow down but I just keep going so I figure that if I take about 3 - 4 months off I can just come back and do maybe a doll or 2 a month…as it is I am doing what works out to be 2 1/2 babies a week…Then I can spend time still doing what I love and spending quality time with who I love… :smile:

I will definitely still be coming on here and spending time with you ladies and looking at all the babies being done…

You tow must have been cute as can be together in those outfits…that would have been fun!. :smile:

1 Like

Yes, definitely pop in and see us now and again. Hope you and your hubby have lots of fun! I’ve never been on a picnic. I remember when I was little and had those plastic tea sets and would go eat out by myself on the lawn across the street haha.

3 Likes

Thanks Becca will still be regular on here…just going to take a short break and slow down with the doll making, not the chatting with you ladies…lol

That would have been an adventure for you…heehee… :smiley: