DIY drying rack

I use bamboo sticks and green floral styrofoam not the powdery kind but the hard course kind. The green styrofoam only cost about $5 bucks at Walmart and the sticks about $1.50 at Walmart

Thought I would share my DIY rack :blush: When I first started out I looked at racks and some are cheap and some are not, so if I wanted multiple ones it could get costly and so when you want to do lots of kits at the same time than I needed something cheap and in an instance change it around if I have tiny preemies to large kits, I just change the sticks around or double up sticks for large kits.

30 Likes

OMG, you’re a genius!!! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I do!

4 Likes

BRILLIANT!!!:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

Oh and the sticks came like in a pack of like 50 so far I have tons left :blush:

3 Likes

That is great but you should get something to put on the ends of the sticks or you will have the soft heads coming up with bumps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just make sure they are completely cool before placing them back on and since the sharp part is inserted in the styrofoam the flat part has always been fine but if a kit was super soft I guess you could put some polyfil in the head or limb

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing!

1 Like

Well, of course! Because you’re a genius, too!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol Amy! It’s just what I had laying around. Except I used chopsticks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You could put Styrofoam balls on the ends of the sticks.

3 Likes

Tennis balls on the sticks?

2 Likes

LOL!!! Love it!! :laughing:

1 Like

That might work!

2 Likes

What a brilliant idea :sunglasses:

2 Likes

OMG, we’re surrounded by geniuses!!

6 Likes

That is brilliant! Damn it, I cut off the nipples off 10 pacis and put them in the bin last week! LOL
Tennis balls are bit too big, but ping pong balls would do for most heads

6 Likes

Wow!! Great ideas ladies! I was just trying to figure out how to make a larger DIY drying rack, this was right on time for me! Especially since I just got Juan and he just won’t fit on my current drying set up lol.

3 Likes

I have several different ones, but the one I use most is piece of wood with 8 sticks on angle, which used to hang on the wall, but since I have now the storage unit covering the whole wall, it just stand leaning wherever it can. That way it does not take much space.

5 Likes

Ludmila, I just dug through my trash can and found 8 nipples I cut off a few days ago. Whew!

6 Likes