Different style cloth body

Ok so I just had to try it. This was my project last night. I know it needs a few adjustments. I may not make anymore, but I was wanting to try something different.

22 Likes

Those are definitely more detailed. Are there a lot of request for gendered cloth bodies?

6 Likes

These are making me laugh :face_with_hand_over_mouth: just because I’m prude. I cut the privates off my vinyl belly plates! I bet you’ve never sewn that before :wink:

6 Likes

I think the belly buttons are cute, but the rest isn’t really for me. But I expect there are some buyers who would love this.

3 Likes

I definitely have not sewn that before and probably never will again. You should have seen me trying to position it on the body. I actually had to take it off and reposition it. I had it way off. Heck it still might be.:laughing:

7 Likes

I don’t know if there are request for them or not. It was just something to try and see how it went. I don’t think I need anymore myself.

5 Likes

Yes I need to move that one up a bit. I might try to make the umbilical stump.

2 Likes

The one thing I did like about them was that I used the dollskin fabric and lined it with thin fleece. I gives the body a really nice soft feel and extra squish.

6 Likes

I have been sewing for most of my life. I have seen these type bodies – at least similar. I should say patterns. Anyway, I don’t think it is way off at all. The vinyl plates that are gender specific are no different, really. Just not as soft. Lots of people like them. I don’t know why people wouldn’t like these as well. I know not everyone would, but some would, I think. It is a likeness to a human body. Nothing out of the ordinary about that. I think you did a great job. I also like the idea of the fleece lining. In making other items, fleece lining makes a nice padding – such as in book covers, purses, etc. Did you have any kind of simple pattern to go by?

4 Likes

I think they’re hilarious, I do however think the girls navel is way to close to her “slit”, sorry I couldn’t think of the medical term. I hope you’re not offended that they make me grin😊.

4 Likes

Her navel is to close and I need to shorten the neck a bit too. I need to work on them a bit more. I am not offended at all. They are a little odd looking! :grimacing:

3 Likes

The fleece lining did make all the difference in the feeling of them. It is so nice. I did have an old pattern that I went by as best as I could. I am definitely not a great seamstress by any means, just keeping myself busy.

2 Likes

I think they are great !!

4 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

I really like them! Great job!

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

I think people would like these. I am not patient enough to sew them but I can see buyers thinking they were nifty. I think on the girl the navel could be moved up a bit and the labial fold shortened a bit so that it does not come up so high. The boy’s parts seem to be in about the right place to me. I would move the arm holes up a bit on the pattern.

3 Likes

I think they are fine and you did a great job for your first ones.

1 Like

I love them :heart_eyes: You did a wonderful job :heart:

2 Likes

You are very skilled to make these! And clever! I’m sure there are buyers who would love these!