DecoArt varnish

I tried cornstarch and the matting powder is much finer. The matting powder dissolves much easier and faster than cornstarch does

5 Likes

Does anyone know if there is any other type (not Fx) of matting agent available on the market like at michaels or hobby lobby or an art store that could be used instead??

4 Likes

Yeah, do you think you could mix a little of that in with it?? I just thought maybe someone else made a Matte Powder.

3 Likes

The only other matte powder I could find on google was what they use to matte silis. Probably not the same thing…?

Thanks anyway Izzy!!

2 Likes

As April said, you can use regular corn starch but it is a little harder to dissolve. I did successfully seal a baby this way though. Dissolved corn starch in some distilled water and then added Sure Bond. I too like the Baby FX matting powder better though as it is finer and dissolves easier.

3 Likes

What is Sure Bond and where do we get that?? Is that made by FX?? Is it available anywhere else??

2 Likes

http://www.daldnursery.com/mediums.html

bottom right corner on that page link

3 Likes

Thank You!!

2 Likes

Deb, where do you get your supplies, and do they have both the DecoArt soft touch varnish AND the Golden glazing liquid satin? I am looking to get both things at the same place.

2 Likes

No Izzy that is something different.

2 Likes