Cut right through the vinyl!

I just got back to it, a whole darn day in my studio (the mouse is finally back to school). I am working on 8 babies, I started them a while back.

My Rylie looked like he needed to have some pretty brown skin, he went patchy, not even,
think- I-can -save- it patchy, just muddy. I thought I saved his head and ordered a cuddle body from BB, cheese those bodies are expensive!

Then I got to hair painting and he just got… patchier when I baked. So I may need to strip him at a much later date.

Then I was sealing up Tink, thought I would try some pretty blue eyes, I was watching/listening to Project Runway (don’t tell anyone but I love that show) and dog if I didn’t slice right through the bottom of her lower eye. GRRRRR!!!

She is such a pretty baby and her hair was on point!

I was able to get it glued but it doesn’t matter you can tell she is a boo-boo. I could cry.

I have been doing this long enough not to make that kinda mistake.

I don’t sell Boo-boo babies but she is too adorable a sculpt to trash.

Maybe I can turn her into a pirate.

If I made scary babies I would give her a blind eye and some stitches but I can’t bring myself to do it, it makes me too sad.

Newbies, be really careful if you cut and insert eyes from the inside, one slip and all that work gone.

4 Likes

Ugh so sorry about that! Maybe you could try some of the vinyl putty to see it you can fix it?

1 Like

Awww man…that stinks…I hope you can salvage her…:crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Ugh, I’ve had those days- I’m so sorry about the eye and patchy paint! If it’s any consolation your elf is absolutely perfect :heart:

1 Like

If any one can figure out how to fix them, it’s you. :heart: I am sure you will come up with something amazing.

1 Like

Ohhhh noooooo.

I feel that.

Noooo…uuuuggghhh!!! :confounded: I did that once and ever since, I open the eyes before I start painting. Warm the head first, the exacto goes through like butter.

5 Likes

Thanks for letting me vent ladies. I went ahead and just opened her eyes really wide and I am turning her into a circus baby with really big eyes, not sure it is going to work but trying to make it fun. I hate wasting a 100.oo sculpt.

Thank you again

5 Likes

I bet she’s going to be the cutest clown! Like Bob Ross said happy little accidents :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
so sorry you’re having a rough time of it though :heart:

3 Likes

I’ve been at this a long time, and I learned 2 things. We all make beginner mistakes and
we are our worst critics. :smirk: I like to call my screw ups “happy accidents” like Bob Ross.
I bet you’ll love the end result. :smiley: ( I watch project runway too lol)

1 Like