Custom doll, Bounced Check

Hey ladies!

So I’m having a bit of an issue with a custom order. First let me explain that this is a previous customer I have sold to before. She sent me a check for a custom and it bounced several days after I had purchased supplies with it. (apparently my bank allowed me to access the funds without knowing if the check would bounce first.)
So now, I have these bounced check fees. I do have the supplies for her doll on order. But I feel it’s only fair to have her pay the bounced check fees before making her doll. They aren’t a lot, I believe it comes to about 50$.
am I wrong in this?

2 Likes

Nope, absolutely not. That’s her fault. She should pay.

4 Likes

Definitely her responsibility! You shouldn’t have to take a hit for that!

3 Likes

She absolutely should pay those fees and I’d ask for postal money orders from now on.

2 Likes

No, I’m sure she will understand:-)

1 Like

I told her she needs to pay the fees before I make her baby. Or I will sell it and refund her. I hate to be harsh, but she had to know it was going to bounce when she wrote it. I mean, it’s not like it was a small check.
I suppose it’s okay tho…I love the sculpt she chose, and I’d be happy to make her the way I want to if it comes to it. She chose Livia by Gudrun Legler.

4 Likes

Livia is a sold out sculpt and I know someone who has been looking for her for a few months if it falls through let me know, I will see if she wants to get in touch with you.

2 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know she had sold out. I snagged her when she was still in stock at Macphersons. If it does fall through and I decide not to keep her, I’ll let you know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you want a custom order the lady wanting her sculpt is not an artist so you may still be able to paint the kit for her if this sale falls through.

1 Like

:slight_smile: I’ll let you know.

2 Likes

No not at all.

1 Like

Update. She paid the fee today via Western Union. So it looks like she will be getting her doll. :smiley:

5 Likes

OMG! Are you talking about Livia by Gudrun Legler? I paid $400 plus postage from Germany for that kit; she sold out very quickly and was almost impossible to get, unless you were willing to pay that sort of exorbitant amounts.

1 Like

Yes, I believe it is that Livia… this is the picture of the kit I purchased. This is her, correct?

I mentioned her being sold out to my customer, and she didn’t care in the least. LOL!
I feel silly now…I only charged her 250$ for the custom. Perhaps I am under selling myself.

2 Likes

You definitely are.

2 Likes

Yes that is her. That woman is getting a supper bargain.

You sure are, the last of that kit I seen sale blank was $550.

1 Like

Ah. that is just insane. Part of me thinks I should convince my customer to pick another sculpt so I can keep this one. But, that’s not fair. I’m going to have to re-evaluate my pricing once the customs I have to do are done.

2 Likes