Current fav. To preorder

lol…no because then you won’t love it as much. Your taste isn’t weird, it’s individual, and that’s NEVER a bad thing!

3 Likes

I think it’s easy to get caught up in the hype for a new kit. “Quick! Buy it before it disappears!” I try to only look when I have money to spend, but I succomb to surfing kits like everyone else. I’m lucky, in a way. I don’t have to sell if I don’t want to. I’m not a business and have no desire to be one. I think it’s important, when choosing a kit, to decide what you are doing with it. If you have to make money and your sales are critical, by all means, I think you should buy the better, more popular kits because they will be more profitable. But if you are just in it for the pleasure of the art, then buy the kit that inspires you most. And sometimes they surprise you and go for big bucks. The other thing is to assess where you are as an artist. When you are just learning, any kit that appeals to you is great. Or any kit that is a good candidate for whatever technique you are working on is a good choice.

That said, I am waiting on several kits to come out and sweating that they will be released before I get any dolly bucks. My husband reassures me that I can buy them anyway, but I have told myself that my hobby has to support itself. Until very recently, it was.

4 Likes