Cuddle baby squishiness-what’s normal?

You can leave the limbs alone and replace the torso with more polyfill. To keep the weight you want, replace the glass beads in the torso completely with stainless steel BBs. Not all artists use those, so it wouldn’t be something you should request/insist an artist use for a custom baby.

4 Likes

I thought so too but the same person who’s doing the head for me is now doing a body as well. I’m going to sell this baby.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions! I don’t feel comfortable enough to restuff/weight it myself, so it’s worth the money to have the artist who’s doing the head, just make a new body too.

Thank you for the suggestion! I’m just going to get a entirely new body and sell this doll.

As far as the tapered limbs, you can put polyfill in the ends of the socks and scratch mittens to make them more realistic.

4 Likes

I strongly urge any collector to familiarize themselves with how to replace bodies, zip ties, reweigh, and maintain a reborn. There are YouTube videos that will show you how to do most(if not all) everything you need to know. I would suggest investing in weighting materials(polyfill, glass beads, steel bbs), magnets, and glues. Not as costly as paying another artist to guess your preference since you can’t hold the doll before receiving it. You don’t want to be tagged as a difficult buyer.:wink:

8 Likes

I am sorry to tell you, but that style of the cuddle body is the most hideous style that I’ve seen.

4 Likes

Yup! The entire doll is a mess. The Maddie she made me isn’t bad, thank goodness. I said this cuddle baby’s hands and feet look like flippers!

I hope you are not planning to sell her for more than $99.00 and you will show that body and those stitches on your listing pictures (not like you were selling your first Kyrie and even didn’t say a word about her unpainted creases to warn the potential buyer).
And I hope that @leabelle will get paid for her hard work.

4 Likes

Did you see or ask for pictures prior to buying?

1 Like

It looks like it’s from Dolls by Sandie. Might be a bit big but it’s over stuffed/weighted as she wanted.

2 Likes

I agree…esp if you’re difficult. I’d be done a long time ago. It’s better to save your money for a prototype than this ongoing lol

4 Likes

I have a cuddle baby for sale on reborn right now. She weighs 4 pounds 5 ounces. I have glass beads in the hands and feet only, the body is a mix of glass and stainless beads. This gives her weight but still allows for a lot of poly in the body. Yours looks way over stuffed. Her hands should not be sticking up like that.

6 Likes

Nope…$100 and if someone offers me less I’ll consider it.

Stitches were mentioned and photos shown.

1 Like

Yes, it’s definitely my fault, I know.

1 Like

For me, it appears the body is too large for this body. What is the circumference of the head and the size of the body?

4 Likes

I did and she sent me a photo of a very nice cuddle baby body that actually had smooshy hands and feet sewn in them.

She painted one head and then said in good conscience she couldn’t use it because it came out badly. She then painted this one.

At this point, I gave up. I asked for too much and she was not as knowledgeable as I had hoped.

1 Like

Yes, the head looks too tiny.

1 Like

I would replace it with a 17-18” one. You can save the one you have to use with a larger head or, at least, utilize the weighting materials. However, please don’t expect to get 5lbs out of it. That will be too much weight for the body to keep seams intact. 3-4lbs tops.

2 Likes

I actually have a wonderful artist that came to my rescue and is making me an entirety new cuddle baby.

But thank you for the offer and your baby is adorable!