Create Custom mold

I would love to make my seven-month-old daughter A replica doll of herself. If you wanted to make a custom mold how would you do this?

1 Like

That does not happen very often with vinyl kits.
Realborns are only done on family and employee member’s babies at Bountiful Baby. They have a huge expensive scanner that scans the infants.

Other than that occasionally clay sculptors will use someone’s baby’s photos and sculpt a portrait sculpt that may possibly be turned into a kit. (Willow Flower, Crystal, Kimber, Liam Brown, Ellie Sue Brown, Levi Brown, Peanut, Li, etc)

Other than that some people will sculpt with clay and turn that into a silicone doll. That is easier to do at home and you dont need a factory. But I do not know of anyone who sculpts other people’s babies and then molds the sculpt, pours the sculpt, paints/ roots etc. Silicone is more expensive as well.

There are some who will sculpt clay versions of your child. I am not sure who to contact. Those are not made into vinyl or silicone but stay as the baked clay baby (I think)

3 Likes

Thank you!

Ping Lau use to do OOAK’s of people’s children, years ago. I don’t know if she still does, but worth asking her :slight_smile:

1 Like