Counterfeit Lawsuit Info

So far, we have sued 20 different companies for counterfeiting, and prevailed in every case that has come to completion. We have also recently filed, or are about to file, at least 2 more lawsuits (that are not listed below).

So far, we have successfully collected $529,106.23 on these lawsuits. We will be watching vigilantly for opportunities to collect on more, and are confident we will be able to do so.

Defendants of the lawsuits are listed in alphabetical order, and amount of judgment or settlement against them.
If the case is not yet final, then the current status is listed.
If defendants were jointly and severally responsible, the amount is listed for both.
If attorney fees were also awarded, that amount is also included.

1. ADolly .com - $1,102,477.59
  2. ADolly. US - Court entered in favor of Bountiful Baby, and Motion for Judgement is now before the court
  3. Chen Jiaheng dba Susette - Court entered in favor of Bountiful Baby. Motion for Judgement is next.
  4. Chen Xiaoxia dba laohuli2021 - Court entered in favor of Bountiful Baby. Motion for Judgement is next.
  5. Dollbie - $454,815.75
  6. GlamingDecoreEtc - $450,000
  7. Kepuhongzaoye - Court entered in favor of Bountiful Baby. Motion for Judgement is next.
  8. LTD Information Technology Co., Ltd - $821,750.95
  9. Love Reborn Dolls - $821,750.95
  10. Nine9Light - $3,071,750.95
  11. NPK - Motion for Judgement is before the court
  12. OtardDolls - Motion for Judgement is before the court
  13. Reborn Baby Mart - $821,750.95
  14. Reborn Doll Gallery - Motion for Judgement is before the court
  15. Reborn Dolls Shop - $821,750.95
  16. Reborn Baby Stores - $821,750.95
  17. Reborn Baby World - $140,000
  18. Reborn Box - $821,750.95
  19. Shenzhen Qianhai Topology Information Technology Co - $140,000
  20. US-Amozon - Court entered in favor of Bountiful Baby. Motion for Judgement is next.

There are a few individuals that are publicly asking for evidence that the Amazon counterfeits are actually illegal. In the United States, it is illegal to purchase, promote, or distribute counterfeit goods. Where such goods are distributed in the U.S.—whether on Amazon or elsewhere—there are legal remedies available in U.S. courts. Our list of 20 Defendant companies (above), and the results we have gotten so far, is evidence of that.

Those same individuals keep asking, if the kits are counterfeit, then why are the original artists are not filing lawsuits to enforce their copyrights? The answer is obvious— to get the result we have gotten, we have spent (so far) $329,980.63. And, it often takes years for a case to wind its way through the court system. Individual artists don’t usually have the resources to do that.

If a stream is dirty and you want clean water, the best way to get clean water is to go after the source polluters. That is why we have been targeting companies further up the counterfeiting chain rather than individuals that are promoting the sale and distribution of counterfeits. But promoting the sale and distribution of counterfeit goods is illegal, and if certain individuals persist in doing so, they will, in my opinion, eventually fall into the targets of our litigation machine. And they will then learn that relying on the opinions of an Australian Vlogger will not help them in a US Court.

We support the artists. We support authentic. And we back up our support with actions.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby

Addendum, From Denise (below):

Contracts with China are not required to fight illegal counterfeiting in the United States and many other countries. Take Sculptors at their word— does any sane or rational person really think that ALL of the sculptors are lying? Stop asking sculptors for Chinese contracts, it is rude and offensive and unnecessary to prove their rights to their artwork. The lack of a contract with the Chinese manufacturers does not give China the right to break US law and it does not give buyers that right either. The lack of a Chinese contract is not showing disrespect for Chinese law, but claiming that the lack of such a contract causes the artist to forfeit their rights DOES show disrespect for US law.

You might ask why everyone is not suing these companies like Bountiful Baby is? It is costly to hire an attorney and you never know if you can recoup those costs or not. Not everyone has the financial means to do so.

To whom it may concern: Please grow up and stop labeling artists who are trying to protect their intellectual property and keep from going out of business as the “Reborn Police”. No, you are not entitled to cheap reborn dolls. It is NOT your right. There are less expensive legal alternatives to buying counterfeits.

I have been on both ends of the spectrum. When I was 16, we had no car, no phone, no gas/heat and eventually would have been homeless if not for family that took us in. I was not entitled to someone’s stolen art just because I could not afford an expensive doll. And no, the generic brands are not stolen goods. Counterfeits are stolen goods. Stop buying them.

But don’t take my word for it. Read the link below to see what our expert US Intellectual property attorney has to say about the legality of buying counterfeit goods.

When Is It Okay To Buy Counterfeit Goods? - Workman Nydegger

A US expert has spoken on this topic. This is the same attorney who got all of the wins for us that Nevin listed. Our attorney is the expert on this topic, not some Australian Vlogger or some YouTuber. Please share the link with anyone you can and don’t let this get buried under the rug. Thank you.

Denise Pratt

33 Likes

I am sure not is really hard work , but I am happy that there are actions. I wish the individuals artists could do this as well

6 Likes

This is excellent news. Thank you for working so hard to save the reborn industry! I’m so glad your hard work is paying off! :heart:

7 Likes

I personally think it’s awesome someone has the means to go after these jerks. Hopefully it will set precedent for the future.
Everyone should be thanking Bountiful Baby for doing this!

Thanks Bountiful Baby!

7 Likes

I’m glad you’re winning the battle, but will it win the war and stop them?

1 Like

Awesome, awesome!!! So glad you are pursuing these!! I pray they work out in your favor and you win all of what you are supposed to win from all of this, for the theft done to you. These thieves need to realize that stealing doesn’t pay.

Thank you so much for going after them!!

5 Likes

I just wanna give you guys a standing ovation!!!
Woo hoo! Way to go!!!

6 Likes

Thank you bb for doing this i hope you win

4 Likes

Thankful for your efforts and for right winning over wrong. Your efforts are not going unnoticed. Hopefully sculptors will be able to join forces with you somehow in the future.

6 Likes

BRAVO!!! Good for you. Something needs to be done about them. I am proud of you for standing up to them. I cheer and support your efforts . Thank you!

4 Likes

Thank you for doing so much to protect this industry and art form. The past few years have been very hard and your success in court gives me hope.

5 Likes

There is not high enough praise for what Bountiful Baby is doing for our Reborn Industry!! You Guys are AMAZING!! I hope with all I am that this will stop these thieves from stealing any more sculpts. Sometimes the only way to make people take notice is to: Hit them in their pocketbooks!! Great Job Bountiful Baby!!

6 Likes

Temu has a crap load of kits copied :frowning: I sent a bunch to Jessica recently

6 Likes

Wow, it’s unfortunate that you had to go through such lengths. But I’m glad there so many positive outcomes!! I’m really glad amazon is included. I hate seeing so many people think that’s what a real reborn looks like because they trust such an amazing company (in there eyes). Congrats on all your efforts!! Thank you!!

5 Likes

This is amazing! Cheering for you here. I’m so glad you’re going after them. And also going after npk, that name pops up all the time for fakes. I really hope you can bring those jerks down.

4 Likes

I get annoyed that the pop-up stores in the mall sell “reborn dolls” in a box :rage: I will never buy anything from Ali Express or Temu because of the counterfeits.

5 Likes

I will not order from them either. I believe they copy a lot of things, maybe everything they offer. They even had copied a set of 1950’s Valentine cards and had those on Temu a few months ago. I recognized them because my mother-in-law scrap booked even as a kid and had many of the same cards saved. I am pretty sure that these are still under copyright though it is possible no one is enforcing it. Victorian era Halloween cards sell for a lot, so I suspect to see them copy those too. Faking vintage and antiques- which I am sure in person the difference is obvious.

2 Likes