Cost effective(cheap) air dry

ladies- what is my best bet cost wise to get air dry paints? :smiley:

I’d like to know this too!

1 Like

I’m currently using Reeves Acrylic paints. They are high quality, excellent light fastness and go on easily. Walmart, Jerry’s Artarama and ■■■■ Blick all have them online. They come in sets of 10, 12, 18 and 20 10ml tubes. They’re very reasonably priced.

1 Like

DUH Nik------buy them!!! HAHAHAHA (just me being funny) I don’t know the answer, seriously.

1 Like

Jean, what are all the colors I would need?

I’d just buy a set. I have the set of 12. So far it’s all I’ve needed because you mix your own colors and I used primary washes. The set of 18 includes flesh if you don’t want to do primaries.

1 Like

Oohs! I going to go look! Do these need the slow dry stuff?

I’ve never used it with these and it hasn’t been a problem but Reeves does have a paint retarder also.

1 Like

Luminaire workes pretty well but i gotta say, theyrw more wxpensive but I’m reeeeally liking the fx

1 Like

I’ve heard most people go with FX. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to ask for FX for Christmas so i can try air dry.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend Luminaire. I tried them, following the instructions to the letter. I painted my Tibby (BIG baby). I really liked how she turned out. After letting her cure for 3 weeks, I started rooting and the paint came off her face. I had to strip everything and start over. I contacted the company 3 times and couldn’t get so much as a robo response. I threw those paints away and haven’t used them since.

1 Like

I use miracle blend and I also have a new brand called Cher’s Airdry paints.the pricing on Cher’s paints are very reasonable.

2 Likes

Hey, Pat! Have you tried Cher’s Air dry paints? How do they compare to Miracle Blend?

1 Like

Hey Amy, I haven’t used Miracle Blend but I love Che’air Dry paints. I like how smooth they go on and blend. The colors are translucent and build up nicely. Very much worth the money and not expensive to try.

Here’s the website if anyone is interested in checking them out http://cheairdrypaint.webs.com/

1 Like

I’ve not heard good things about Luminaire.

1 Like

Nikki i would seriously consider babyFX… Go to mgdolls.com

i want to use these so bad. Just gotta wait till i have more money

2 Likes

I had a really bad experience with the Luminaire paints too .I bought the ones that were supposed to be the same premixed Genesis colors and they were nothing like them. Then on the third day of painting, all the paint started to rub off in patches . When I contacted the owner,and told her my problems , I received a nasty letter in return from her , telling me that I was trying to cheat her !! What the heck . . . I was so shocked with her response , that I contacted Paypal . When the paints first arrived to me , the containers were half full and had paint brush bristles in them .They had obviously been returned by someone else , and she sent them out to me ! I will NEVER deal with the LUMINAIRE company again !! Paypal said I was entitled to a refund , so I sent them all back . I have just received my refund from Paypal , so all ended well .

4 Likes

Okay, then. Now I’m glad they didn’t respond to me.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s aweful! I had a similar experience when i was first starting out with another brand (rather not say who) and was so embarrassed I nearly quit.

1 Like