Correction pen

Since a lot of people want to know about the UF correction pen, I figured I would just start a post about it.

You will need to pour water in the back of it. I check mine daily because I like to keep mine more on the moist side. With a light rub, mistakes either come off or will sit there in a little spot of water that can be absorbed with a cosmetic wedge.

The key with this thing is to catch your mistakes quickly and be very light with the pen. It’s better to very lightly rub, absorb with a wedge and repeat rather than to try to remove it in one go and risk the paint underneath.

If you rub too hard, which seems to more often occur when the nib is not damp enough, you will take paint off from underneath.

If you’ve done a lot of painting that day and nothing has had time to really dry, your risk is increased. I force dry with a blow dryer on the hottest setting every few layers for this reason. I also will sometimes leave my pieces in front of a fan overnight. If there’s dust on them afterwards, I will get some dawn on a sponge and wash it off under running water… good practice anyway since it removes some of the mediums and makes them less sticky.

If you catch your mistakes late, it is still possible to remove them by going real slow and taking it off a tiny bit at a time. It may not end up perfect, but will likely be good enough that you can make a splotch out of it or do something to creatively cover it. It’s only a matter of balancing the mistake versus risk of removing too much paint and making it worse.

This thing was a total game changer for me as far as painting hair goes, which is where the bulk of my mistakes end up being. I also use it to keep my nails super clean, rubbing it across the nail after each layer, then wiping up the residue with the corner of a cosmetic wedge.

That’s all I can think of at the moment. If there are any questions, ask away.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for all your info! I figured I was doing something wrong and so I decided not to use it. It’s always great having feedback from someone who has successfuly used it!

1 Like

You are welcome! There is definitely a learning curve with this… but then again, isn’t that the case with everything we do? I was stripping mistakes down to the vinyl in the beginning. :smile:

2 Likes

Every artists worst fear ever!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Where can you buy it ?

2 Likes

I saw it on Dolls by Sandie

2 Likes

I might have gotten it from Irresistibles. Not sure if Macphersons carries it, though they should since they carry the paint.

1 Like

MacPherson don’t sell UF paint. They have RebornFX and Genesis.

Oops. Got them mixed up. :blush:

It would be great if they do ! I could have gotten the free shipping :grin:

2 Likes

I got mine from dolls by Sandie last year.

1 Like

It looks like it is just an over priced empty paint marker. You can buy those on Amazon and such for cheap. I have some black handle ones I ordered a long time ago off amazon when Melissa George recommended them.

Updated to add I found the ones I got. These you can get off Ebay and they ship from China but I did get a set. They are empty nail art corrector pens.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403299052319?hash=item5de67f2b1f:g:C64AAOSwyc1Zo37C

1 Like

They are about the same price for me on Amazon than on Irresistable (minus shipping). They are cheaper on eBay tho.

1 Like

I can’t 100% see what the tip looks like so I can see if it’s likely made from something similar. If it is, that would be great! Maybe I’ll order and find out.

This must be my mistake. I’ve only painted a couple air dry babies so far and only tried this pen a few times then quit because it kept taking all my paint right off to the vinyl. When I try another air dry baby I will have to give it another try and go lighter with it.

2 Likes