Confused šŸ˜•

I only have one baby for sale currently. Sheā€™s been listed for awhile but hasnā€™t sold. Right now she is listed for $225+Shipping. She is listed as a painted kit and wonā€™t arrive assembled or weighted. She comes with her German Glass Eyes, Body, COA and herself :joy:. She is my most favorited baby on Reborns. She has over 30 favorites but nobody is biting the bullet and I donā€™t understand why. I know Saskia is an older sculpt and she isnā€™t too popular anymore but Iā€™m still confused. Lately, the only messages Iā€™ve been getting are from people who are curious if I do custom orders which my page on Reborns specifically says I donā€™t :roll_eyes:. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. :green_heart::heart:

2 Likes

Iā€™d say just give it time, I had a baby I thought was good (that came with some nice outfits too) listed for about 80 days with 27 favorites, she just sold last week. I just kept telling myself to be patient and she eventually sold.

1 Like

I think sales are slower right now. You would think they would pick up bc of the holiday rush, but I think a lot of people have been hit pretty hard by COVID this year and arenā€™t buying as much. Not sure though, just a guess

1 Like

Hey, I got dolls sit there for a yearā€¦
She will sold eventually, sheā€™s cute and at fair price. But not a lot of people know how to assemble a reborn, so it may take some time to find the right buyer.

2 Likes

I think the fact that she isnā€™t assembled is probably why she hasnā€™t sold yet. I have been getting a lot of messages from moms wanting dolls for their kids for Christmas. I donā€™t think they would buy one not knowing how to assemble or have the proper materials to weight.

6 Likes

See, patients is such a hard thing for me :joy::joy:. Especially when it comes to membership fees, I always feel like Iā€™m on a time limit and it stresses me out. Iā€™m sure in time she will sell at some point but it always feels like forever :see_no_evil:.

2 Likes

Iā€™d assemble and weight her and raise the price $100.

3 Likes

This is what I think happening here. People see Saskia for $225 and click to "add to Favoritesā€™. Then they go to the listing and read that itā€™s not completed doll, no eyelashesā€¦ They move on.

Like it was already recommended, you would have a getter chances to sell her assembled.

4 Likes

Maybe add eyelashes too. She is cute. Iā€™ve painted her twice both times she went to family. I still like the sculpt a lot.

2 Likes

I always think I know what baby is going to sell fast, which will sit a while but I am surprised a lot of the time.

Itā€™s just a matter of who finds you and what they are looking for.

These babies are little needles in a haystack, it takes work to find them.

Be patient.

Is there a reason she wonā€™t arrive assembled or weighted? a lot of people are overwhelmed by that, especially people new to the hobby. If you pass the shipping on to the buyer its no big deal really, it wonā€™t cost you anything and it looks like she is assembled in the photos.

2 Likes

Yeah, she is assembled right now but not weighted. I was planning on taking her apart when she sold so she could fit in the box I have.

I also thought because the price is quite low she would sell quicker. My most recent Maddie sold within an hour and she was listed as a painted kit, unweighted and unassembled.

Saskia was listed as a painted kit, unassembled and unweighted because I ran out of weighting supplies. I did just get more but that was meant for some surprise Christmas babies. Might have enough extra for her. I donā€™t have a blanket to wrap her in either :grimacing:.

I am considering it however my membership has almost expired :sweat_smile:. Money drain :see_no_evil:

I can see why being incomplete would hurt her chances at adoption. I love eyelashes, and I donā€™t want to assemble parts, even if that means paying more.
On reborns.com I usually see completed dolls or blank kits, itā€™s hard to comparison shop with something that is neither.

Also, from a customer standpoint, I often accidentally ā€œfavoriteā€ a doll on that site when I was really just shopping. Itā€™s an annoyance, Idk if itā€™s a site glitch or Iā€™m being careless with my clicking. Point is, you canā€™t put too much stock into how many people have ā€œfavoritedā€. When Iā€™m seriously considering a reborn, I donā€™t really bother adding my name to a list of others who like it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Hi I looked at her , you listed her as Raven suggestion list her as Saskia for those who might be looking for Saskia. I think $225 and you have to weight,and assemble might be scaring people off. Most people just want them ā€œdoneā€ and ready to hold. You also have a baby picture of a fully assembled Saskia and it may seem misleading and they wonder what the pieces would look like.Maybe a photo of the painted limbs and head would make people more comfortable to purchase. Just my thoughts. :footprints: :baby:

6 Likes

Most regular people donā€™t have weighting supplies at their houses. :joy: And wouid not know how to put a doll together. Soā€¦ I wouid think that only another artist would buy her Not assembled.
I agree with @jeanhai put her together, add lashes and add 100 dollars. Go to Walmart and buy a boxā€¦ or to usps boxes are free. :wink:

5 Likes

If you have a Ross near you check there for baby blankets. Ours has nice ones for five or six dollars.

3 Likes

Not that I know of :grimacing:. Iā€™ll probably be able to work something out, might take a bit :see_no_evil:

I agree with that observation. Almost all my buyers never ā€˜favoritedā€™ the baby that they bough.

3 Likes

Totally. My sue has 28 favorites nowā€¦ not one buyer! Favorites just mean to meā€¦ that Iā€™ll look at them later for resource pictures :joy:

3 Likes

Ok, I will assemble her and weight her when I can, might be a bit before I renew my membership either way. Thank you all for the help! :heart::green_heart:

5 Likes