Confused about Secrist body

So I bought some vintage mini Secrist dolls and they came with the bodies and I can’t figure the darn things out! They don’t have holes for the flanges(sewn shut) and there’s no loop/pocket to feed the zip tie through.

I was hoping someone here may have experience and could give advice. I tried to take pictures to explain, but not sure if they will work. Let me know if there are more needed

1 Like

You will put the limb in place and then push it up in the body. Then you will tie the string around the limb on the inside. If that makes any sense.

2 Likes

I think they get sewn on somehow but that body looks too big and the neck opening is huge. Are the dolls 10"? winterswhimsies.com has a 10" Mini Zane body that would work. $15 including shipping.

I like to use these instead of the strings.

2 Likes

You push those cloth limb stumps inside the body. Insert the limb into the little pockets they’ve created. Then tie a zip tie, string, or whatever you’re using inside the body, around the cloth and the flange.

That sounds like it wouldn’t hold very well! I’d be afraid to sell them like this :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

6”; so they would definitely need to be custom made

@RoseannsBoutique makes custom bodies.

I contacted her a while back for a body for my Mia Clymer and she said the body was too tiny for her to do/fold the seams and turn them out(which I understand!) @jeanhai

1 Like

They actually do hold well if you tie them in the crease. That is how alot of the order play baby dolls were put together.

2 Likes

I’m so glad you posted this question because I have two of these, as well, and was SO confused :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m still a tad confused (I’m a visual learner :sweat_smile:) but I’m gonna try to do it later and show some pics

1 Like

Sounds good- I’ll try, too, when I get home :slight_smile:

I bought some of these too and wondered what the heck as well. I was thinking I might have to try and make a usable body myself, which is just as well because I think I might have accidentally thrown the bodies and clothes in the garbage because I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

1 Like