Comparing Dolly dolls to much more realistic dolls

Theres so many beautiful dolls up here.Although some look exactly like real babies they are still dolls.I see dolls selling for thousands of dollars and im surprised.Some people actually have a God given talent.Its like comparing your singing to Whitney Houston…just cant compare.Moral to my story is do what makes you happy.Keep working on your dolls and be proud.like I said before theres some beautiful dolls up here.Never give up and be proud of your doll.Speaking of dolls i just melted Meagan head.But look im still trying

23 Likes

Definitely! And the thing is, not everyone’s painting style lends itself to realism, but their dolls look amazing in a different way.

9 Likes

Exactly we all work hard

5 Likes

So true one doll can come out beautiful.Another doll can turn out uglly…lol

5 Likes

WE must try our best, and enjoy thé expérience and relax and have fun…!

6 Likes

I know I be trying…

4 Likes

Sorry about your Meagan :frowning:

5 Likes

Such a beautiful way to compare.

4 Likes

Poor Megan! Keep practicing!

3 Likes

@Toutlaw
Just curious, did you find that the vinyl on your megan was thinner than other BB kits you have? I just finished one and although he came out nicely I thought his head was rather thin compared to other BB kits I have, so I watched him more closely during baking to make sure he didnt melt.

2 Likes

Geez, I can’t wait to get started this summer! Thanks to the sale right now I bought 2 bodies, some beads and zip ties. I am slowly gathering supplies so it doesn’t kill me all at once. Need to buy paints/ mediums, brushes, and a rooting tool, pencils, and I guess a razor eventually. I really hope I’m good at this-excited to try!

6 Likes

Smart thinkin :blush: I did the same. I even picked up 2 used reborn lots on eBay that were a tremendous help in acquiring my start up supplies. I have a set of GHSP for sale if you want them. I opted for air dry since I only have one oven and time wise with kids and a fam I figured it was my best route :blush: I have the paints for sale on here. If the price is too much for you I’m open to offers. They are like new and just sitting here, hate to see them go to waste :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll even throw in some paint brushes :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, but I think I am going to do air dry too.

1 Like

I LOVE my air dry paints! Such soft hues and I’ve had fun mixing colors :blush: BOL and hope you find what suits you best! I like it that I can paint a bit and if I get busy with my kiddos I can seal my paint mixture and start back right where I left off. I’d keep an eye out for used reborn lots though. I was able to get tons of supplies (that were really new) for a fraction of the cost :blush:

2 Likes

Sorry about your Megan!

2 Likes

Megan’s head is definitely softer than any of the other BB kits that I own. I was surprised at how easy it was to root her hair and I used human hair on her. The rooting needle glided in nice and smooth. It was the first time that I had done an entire head without breaking a needle.

3 Likes