Come to Jesus meeting with my husband

Oh the kids have given him a hard time about how small it is. He said he might order a larger tank for next summer but this was the biggest one he could find locally. He’s a little neurotic about how it looks and he doesn’t like other above ground options. He won’t put one in the ground bc we are selling in the next few years and our realtor mentioned it could keep some people from buying. So of course, that’s front and center on his mind.

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Your hubby sounds like mine. He’s real supportive but keeps telling me to sell some! I bought my first two kits Shyann and June during BBs Fourth of July sale last year.

And now I have over 60 kits and most are in different stages of paint and hair cause I get mad at their lack of perfection and that they would never sell.

I have also started investing in more expensive kits here and there so yeah I probably should get my butt in gear and sell to recoup my costs at least so I can continue.

I have Darren asleep almost ready he just needs eyebrows!

Good luck to you and hopefully your hubby will calm down :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I just figured out that he paid tuition for the kids next school year last night, so I think that this is where it came from. He gets panicky when he has to spend a chunk of money. I can be good long enough to calm him down and sell one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Yeah mine is like that too. He doesn’t say much about income/bills he just stresses. Apparently he’s made less than I realized because of this pandemic and we are a few much behind in our storage unit and now I’m freaking out because that’s all our special things. Christmas decorations kids special stuff from thier growing up years and if we don’t come up with money fast they are going to auction it! Ugh! And then there is the cell phone bill… :exploding_head:

2 Likes

That’s normal. That’s why I sometimes, do not agree with Dave Ramsey about having finances together​:joy::shushing_face:.

3 Likes

Sell a babydoll or two that you can get finished fast and pay that off. Don’t want to lose all that special stuff!

3 Likes

Lol I’m trying to! I hate brows. Working on darrens brows and alexas hair

2 Likes

My Hubby has been saying that for over 4 years. Every time I paint a baby he says, “Are you selling that one” Nope it’s for so n so, or me… He just shakes his head. But after these 4 years I’ve decide to slow down and enjoy them as well as buy one or two more.

5 Likes

My hubby was hesitant at first. He was supportive, but also didn’t see this as a profitable hobby. Then it got to the point where when a kit came in the mail I said “remember, this will turn into $300.” Then $500. Then $750. Now some are $1250. He doesn’t question my kit addiction any more. All he says is “hurry up and paint more so I can retire.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

:slight_smile: My hubby IS retiring! I am so happy about that. Tomorrow is his last work day, although he will not retire until July 16. He has been off a lot lately. So, I am happy about that. I am not sure how the finances will fall into place, but that is his end. I don’t want to know what he has in the bank, etc., etc. I have my spending money, so I am good with that. If times get really hard, I can give up my spending money. But, hopefully it will not come to that. I had hoped I would be able to make dolls well enough to sell by the time he retired, but I didn’t make that goal. :slight_smile: Didn’t have a real time for him retiring until about 2 weeks ago. I have at least 60 kits, but I haven’t started on a lot of them. I just do one at a time. Due to health problems, I take a really long time to do one. I guess if I had to have a little money I could try to sell some of my kits. Anyway, Katina, I was thinking that maybe you could retire! LOL I have never had a profitable hobby. I am thankful my hubby is sweet to me and doesn’t say anything negative about my dolls.

2 Likes

Whoo hoo! I hope I get there one day! It’s nice to have a hobby that can potentially be profitable.

2 Likes

I had that discussion with my mom a lot while I was reborning. I’ve stopped now and now she’s arguing with me about my newest hobby :joy:

2 Likes

This is hubby ALLLLL the time :rofl:
Anytime I mention a new sculpt, supplies I need or would like, it’s just eye rolls and “maybe sell some of the ones you got before spending any more money”
But I told him to begin with, my goal in this hobby wasn’t to really make money, that most artist can’t make a living reborning soley and being only in it for the money will cause things to go down hill fast if you don’t like the art.
He’s supportive, but practical. Here lately it’s been more of a “I want another keeper baby” but don’t want any of the kits I have here anymore :joy::joy: so now it’s time to make a few, sell those to get my keeper kit (if I can ever decide lol)
I just tell him when he gets in these moods, he is into RC airplanes that cost a :poop:ton also and he does NOT even attempt to sell those :joy::joy:

4 Likes

LOL! The most likeable :heart: comment! :joy:

5 Likes

Aww, I love that comment also :wink:

4 Likes

@Christen What a nice hubby and father! And seems that everything what he does - he does well. Keep him :wink:

I am sure you doll will sell! Just keep painting!

Tell him that kits are your investments. You never know what will disappear in pandemic times when China has brakes in productions.
If you keep your head leveled, knowing that you are a new artist and price it accordingly, it will sell fast as you paint beautifully. Good luck! Can’t wait to see your new baby posted on Reborns!

And yours too @PhotographyForLife! I am rooting for you, girls! First sale is so exciting!

4 Likes

there ya go! thats perfect!

5 Likes

He really is wonderful, I have the pinch myself sometimes. I have to pinch him sometimes too though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes