Christmas Layette Swap discussion

Let’s get this Christmas swap box rolling…
what do we want to include in this box? And how about we get it planned and get sign ups started right away so I can get everyone assigned by next Friday. Then maybe we can shoot for a deadline of about 3 weeks later so everyone will have time to dress their babies well before Christmas. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What are the rules of this swap? I didn’t participate in the last one.

1 Like

Can it be general holidays too? I don’t celebrate Christmas. Stop booing! I hate being that person every single time.

2 Likes

The last one we filled out a questionnaire with our names and address, allergies and likes and dislikes. Style information and color preferences. There was a budget of 35 to 45 and we had fun!

2 Likes

@Theara we can have the option to have Christmas things or not. I’m sure that would be ok!
Count me in!

2 Likes

Kate, you just need to have been an active forum member for a while with 3 positive transactions. This last round, we chose to make it a nice outfit, a onesie or sleeper, a blanket, and 3 accessories…all coordinating. About $50 retail value. I assigned everyone a person. There were small questionaires so we would know a little about our person. It has been really fun and everyone went above and beyond while building their layette sets. You should join us. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m in!! And I think that on the questionnaire we could ask if Christmas, or Winter theme is preferred. There are lots of winter themes that I can think of for those who don’t celebrate Christmas. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you so much for that @ashleyfox98! I can’t wait to see how this round goes. We’re Jewish, not observant but normally don’t celebrate Christmas. We have a few times but I always feel guilty.

5 Likes

I will think about joining in on this round. It sounds fairly simple.

3 Likes

Do we want to keep it simple? Outfit and a few accessories? And what dollar amount this time?

2 Likes

What does everyone think? My brain wasn’t working this time. I had so much going on but had fun. I’m so indecisive though!

1 Like

All of these are great ideas. Clothing options could include anything worn(sleeper, dress, romper, pant set, crochet outfit, etc.). I think keeping within the price range is important. Winter themes: Christmas, other holiday celebrations during the next couple of months, winter animals, penguins, snowflakes, etc. Should be easy to please everyone with all the choices.

3 Likes

Do we want to stick with the same price range or keep it simpler since this is the time of year that everyone is overwhelmined with buying gifts anyway?

3 Likes

Hmmmmm……something to think about.:thinking: Hard to build a good layette if the budget is too low, though. Need to make it worth spending the shipping costs, too.

5 Likes

So is this just clothes and accessories? And we say what size kit we need for ? It sounds fun but iamnot sure how it works

1 Like

I think we should keep it the same, some of us have little children to buy gifts for. Winter/Christmas Theme. Maybe a little more detailed questions such as What size or what baby is it for. If you would accept Vintage or gently used items or Walmart, etc…

4 Likes

Good idea and it was hard to keep within the budget. I wanted seasonal clothing and good deals. It had to be cute and affordable.

2 Likes

This is the hardest part of the year for me. I have to buy presents, birthdays, school clothes and stuff for myself if I can afford it. I think this is a good idea.

2 Likes

In Puerto Rico there is practically no winter, so buying locally would be a bit difficult but I could buy online :slight_smile: I’m interested

3 Likes

@Iselis I think if you bought things locally no one would mind. That would be so awesome!

2 Likes