Choosing outfits

When you have so many clothes to choose from. How do you pick out outfits to send with your sold reborn? Do you save or have outfits for certain kits when you reborn them? I always have the hardest time choosing what to send.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only sent a few babies out, but in general I have outfits picked out for them ahead of time. Iā€™m always buying stuff on clearance from Carterā€™s or Amazon essentials when theyā€™re on sale, so I have a hefty stash. All the stuff to send home with dolls is separate from the clothes for my own babies. So I usually shop my stash when a baby is done and set those aside for their photo shoot and to send home with them, or in Sarahā€™s case, since sheā€™s so big I went to Carterā€™s with her in mind and found her specific outfit and sleeper. Same with Zori, Iā€™ve had outfits picked out for her ever since I bought her kit! :joy: I go through my stash when I do the box opening again and add a few extra goodies just for fun.

3 Likes

I buy from carters too. I usually pick out outfits after the baby is finished. So when n if it sells I donā€™t have to go scrambling looking for outfits . I have so many clothes, I have a hard time choosing what to pick to send with them. I always send extra outfits.

1 Like

I usually have multiples of outfits so I donā€™t feel ā€œbadā€ sending it home wondering if it might be perfect for a future baby. I try and remember most reborn collectors will change them out of whatever I send them in and probably wonā€™t use the clothes I send. I keep it simple.

5 Likes

I ask each buyer (for customs anyway) what their favorite color/theme/animals etc plus what type of outfits and accessories they use, so I send stuff that they will use.

1 Like

I try to theme my layette just a bit. Color or character. I have a bin of giraffe outfits and toy, I have another of girl fox theme and boy fox theme, another of yellow ducky with toy, dinosaurs etc. It is more fun for me to collect I thinkšŸ˜‚

4 Likes

I have a huge stash of baby clothes in various sizes. Sometimes, though, the outfit I chose in advance isnā€™t the most becoming on the baby when itā€™s finished and I end up choosing something else. I spend a lot of time trying outfits on the babies to find the ones that look the best with the skin tones, hair color, etc.

3 Likes

I buy multiple too, but itā€™s usually when I think Iā€™m gonna do twins. So far I havenā€™t done any yet. I have 4 kits that I wanna make twins with. Johanna asleep n awake. Zuri awake n asleep.

1 Like

That has to be time consuming. I donā€™t have enough time in the day to try on outfits.

I am definitely the one to buy all the outfits they day before I ship. :joy: Iā€™m trying to get more over time so I donā€™t have to frantically shop!

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually not too bad. I have a fairly good eye for what colors look good with which skin tones/hair color. I pick out about 6 outfits and then sit down to try them. It usually takes 30-45 minutes.

1 Like

I make each baby a layette.

2 Likes

This is so very true, I have had to lay color after color next to my babies trying to decide what is the most flattering

1 Like

Sometimes I know beforehand, but oftentimes I carry the baby over to my overly stuffed closet to see what speaks to me. I can instantly see what colors look good with the skin and hair color.

3 Likes

My photo outfits I keep, I usually just send a couple cute, but not expensive outfits with baby, but my photography ones I say are for props unless otherwise stated, because I do spend more on those outfits.

2 Likes

And, I have all my boys by size and all my girls by size, then I can just pick a couple , and once I get baby made, I take two outfits and put in a plastic container with anything else that I will ship with that baby , and put it up until ready to send, that way itā€™s all ready to go.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only sold about seven dolls but so far, I paint when I feel like it and hoard dolls for the holiday seasons, when sales are at their highest. In the meantime, Carterā€™s letā€™s me know when they have a sale, I buy a bunch of stuff and pick an outfit that goes best with the babyā€™s skin tone.

1 Like

As I have only given dolls to friends and family most of the time my babies have themes or are characters that require certain clothes. I used to give a box opening but now it is just a costume, for the alternative. A onesie with socks mittens sleeper and hat to cover/protect baby.

2 Likes