Cherry top?

Where would you wear a knitted hat in hell?

3 Likes

if anyone can make that hat, please advertise it here… it is so cute!!

1 Like

Lolol !!! Unlike actual HELL ( the Rio grande valley)… Houston gets cool winters. Sometimes it snows! It only lasts til it hits the ground… but still! After living in that horrid valley for so long… anything under 60 degress is chilly to me!
And… I had donated all the Michigan winter clothes… and I mean all… last year I froze to death. I literally had nothing warm… why woujd I??? It RARELY dropped below 85.
Donated 10 GIANT bags of clothes and the next week Paul found out he was transferred. What luck???

5 Likes

Which one are you talking about? The first or second?

1 Like

the first one, that cherry on the top is adorable <3

1 Like

We are hoping someone on this thread will make one @NancyW

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I can make it…would just need to find the multi coloured yarn

3 Likes

I’m sure that I can make that hat. The pattern looks easy, and the yarn is chunky, so it would knit up quick. I will go to the yarn store on Sunday and see what I can come up with. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay, I can’t wait to see! Now I have to keep a lookout on both posts.:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

How fun!!!

I think it would look really cute with a vanilla cupcake (white band) with chocolate icing (brown yarn) and the cherry on top

3 Likes

Nancy, I know that you normally make toddlers, could you please measure the head circumference of one of your toddlers? I have tons of newborn kits for size reference, but no toddlers and my youngest real baby is 12.

1 Like

I sure will, and if you send me an exact price, would love to order… I will get you measurement tomorrow, sliced my thumb with an exact knife last night, and having trouble with the tape measure

2 Likes

Ouch! That sounds painful! No rush. My next day off is Sunday, so that will be my first opportunity to go to the yarn store. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I warn everyone about those exacto knives, them I do it EYE ROLL

2 Likes

I hope it’s not super deep!!! That’s horrible!!! Ouch!!!

2 Likes

Hope you heal quickly, @NancyW! That is a painful injury. Don’t ask me how I know. :grin:

And here we go, @Nikkiroc.

4 Likes

It looks like just a simple beanie with a rim around it and the cherry pom pom on top. As you said, you need some multi coloured yarn. When Hancock’s went out of business here I purchased several that would do that well. But I can’t remember the name of it now…

@Katinafleming did they ever message you back and explain what cherry tops actually is? Haha

2 Likes

Nope. But that message came 3-4 days after her first message. I keep watching for another one. I just want to know what a cherry top is. But she may have found a sucker who gave in to her cherry top request. :wink:

3 Likes