Check in

Just something to make you all smile

My sweet Lafayette. I just love this picture. I nearly lost him 4 different times from bladder blockages and infection. He is my reminder to keep going even when things get hard

14 Likes

What a beautiful cat!

1 Like

Heā€™s beautiful!! Big and fluffy!! Mines the exact same just all black. As he got older and especially after diagnosed with epilepsy he thinned out. They can definitely keep you going, thatā€™s what makes them great!!

1 Like

Thanks ladies. He is a special boy. I found him under an abandoned house the first week i lived in GA. He was tiny and covered in sand fleas. I bottle fed him round the clock for days and picked the sand fleas off one by one with tweezers.

Although i will admit i had no idea he would turn into such a handsome boy. He is 22 pounds right now.

He has chronic kidney disease and had to have a surgey to widen hus urethra so kidney stones could pass though. They were blocking his bladder before and almost killed him 4 diffeent times before the surgery

Enjpy some kitty spam of him through the years. Lol

FB_IMG_1644642480490

FB_IMG_1644723407507

FB_IMG_1644642484663

5 Likes

I had a cat that got bladder blockages twice. The vet told me to give him Science Diet cat food. When I did that, he had no more problems.

2 Likes

Yeah. Lafayette is on science diet too. Oddly it wasnt enough to stop the stones. The vet was stumped as to why it didnt work. So we did the surgery and keep him on the science diet urinary formula as a preventative.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Hello Ladies,
My name is Carolyn, I am from Jackson, Michigan. I have lived here now for 7 years. Time sure has flown by. I canā€™t believe it has been that long.
I havenā€™t painted since the holidays. I was going to start back up but when I went down in my nursery, I found that we had a leak. it was in the same place as before. Thank God I was able to get everything out of the way. So now I am at a standstill. I am thinking of bringing up a table. I will put it in the sunroom along with my other table that I am using for my desk.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening,

6 Likes

Guessing it is quite cold where you are, hope you are staying warm and able to get set up in a less damp area. Glad you are doing well and still hanging out with all of us.

Paula in Georgia. Weather has been really nice the last couple of days, but it is hard to know how to dress. I canā€™t stand being too hot or too cold. After being a stay at home mom for 20ish years, I have recently started work part time bookkeeping at one of my favorite places, our church campground.
Enjoying my precious grandbabies, 20 month old Andy, 11 month old fraternal twins Lincoln and Charlotte, and 6 week old identical twins Caroline and Jolee (Andyā€™s sisters). These babies all have this Lolliā€™s heart.
I feel like I have been so busy and disconnected from this part of the community. Enjoying catching up by reading what you are all up to.
Sending Dolli hugs across the many miles,
LolliPaula

7 Likes

Wow your kids have sure been busy making babies!:smiley: Did you have twins. You are sure going to have a great deal of fun!

1 Like

Our kids are just competitive. :rofl: :joy:

But seriously, our daughter in law is a triplet so I guess that explains the fraternal twins. But I donā€™t think identical twins is necessarily hereditary.

Youā€™re so blessed to have all those real babies in your life. It must be so much fun. Close in age cousins are fun, too.

1 Like

Hi ladies, some of you know me from a few years ago. I donā€™t reborn anymore but do drop on to the forum once in a while for old times sake. I am in North Queensland Australia. Weatherā€¦mmm, hot & wet, typical tropical stuff. Hope everyone on the forum is staying safe and well. God bless.

6 Likes

Itā€™s good to see you, Lynette! Itā€™s interesting to know what the weather is like on the other side of the world!

1 Like

Iā€™m DJ from Virginia near Jamestown. I started reborning back in 2009 but have not been doing it for a few years. Lots of back problems, other hobbies like painting pictures, fibromyalgia, etcā€¦. I have to have outpatient surgery in the next few weeks for a tear in my hip area. Unfortunately itā€™s my right hip, since Iā€™m left handed, I always end up lying on my right to do anything. Lol, but at least itā€™s still winter so Iā€™m not having to see water and not play!

I homeschooled my youngest all the way through school and my older two a few times. I feel for those of you got thrown into it never thinking you would have to be a teacher. Realize that you can teach in a lot less time than they do in school with all the interruptions they have. And you can also teach so your child learns instead of learning how to take an end of the year test. Treasure the connection you have with hem even on the days that they are driving you crazy. Itā€™s sort of like childbirthā€¦after a few years you forget the rough days and just enjoy your family.

Yesterday I finished the first doll Iā€™ve made in a long time. I had the painting almost finished for a year, just needed a little gloss, eyelashes and rooting. It was a biracial Shyann and the friend who wanted it wanted lots of hair. Today I actually started two with Golden fluid paints. Lol, trying to avoid thinking about the six or so babies that need rooting

4 Likes

Jacky here from Somerset, UK, I have been a bit of a lurker on this forum lately not always having time to contribute but I do read posts when I get time.

Weather here has been horrible, lots of bad storms and very cold, Iā€™m so over winter and being indoors too much, feeling a bit down, I donā€™t know why, maybe I just need more sun & chocolate :joy:

Still painting when ever I get chance but feel Iā€™m stuck in a rut with improving my art and frustrated not knowing where Iā€™m heading if that makes sense?

3 Likes

You are so lucky to be able to spend time with all those yummy grand babies, two sets of twins! double the love.

1 Like