Check in

Sorry you’ve been through so much. I’ll be praying for you and your son. Hang in there! :bouquet:

8 Likes

Hi Shera here in California a few hours away from Gina. I do my best to keep up on my 5acres and get things accomplished. Last summer I was evacuated for a month due to Caldor Fire with my kitty boy Toby. We spent time in parking lots and then a friend found us a room in a haunted hotel. My home was 800 feet from the fire but God willing it was safe. My dear friends on here2 special people G and K offered help if I needed it, thank you !

I have slowed on my painting as I have tried to take care of property and at my age (LOL) it isn’t easy anymore. I have been widowed now 4 years and try to take care of me without asking for help.

The sun is shining, the forest is alive with animals, birds and new growth to replace the loss from fire. I am healthy and joyful to be here each day!

Gina glad you and family are healthy and happy. Hope all who respond are healthy and enjoying life. :footprints: :baby:

11 Likes

Hi Isabelle here from Quebec, Canada. I am always plug on this forum, maybe I have too much free time to lose😂
I don’t comment as often as I would like because I just don’t always feel like translating my thoughts. Not easy.
This past year as been hard on many levels. I try to not let depression take over me. I struggle with that since 20 years.
Overall we are lucky and live a good life where I can paint as much as I want and everyone is healthy and happy.
I don’t like winter, we just got about 30cm of snow this night. It’s cold. The good thing is with aging the time goes faster, so spring will come soon :grin:
I have the goal to find a job this year, if only school can stop closing all the time. Selling reborns have become hard and I would like to be able to save and travel and buying our dream house.
This forum is my only social life and I can’t express enough how much I am grateful for it and all of you.

11 Likes

Syndi from Albany Minnesota. Just love this forum for conversation, support, advice especially what dolls you are painting or you feel are cute. Life is good, but I miss genesis paint.

8 Likes

Hello,I am Taunya, Put A Bonnet On It. I live an hr south of Chicago but I escaped the cold and am on vacation in our RV in Mobile Alabama! We haven’t even spent the night anywhere since Covid we feel like we were going to go nuts being so cooped up for so long! Shopping right now headed to Hobby Lobby and Ross. I also paint at a glacial pace but it keeps my joy having no pressure. Going to play around with some resin jewelry and crafts this vacation, collecting some tiny shells sand and such. If anyone has any resin experience and has any pointers please share away!

11 Likes

I don’t live far from you. I am in St Cloud

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the prayers. He appreciates the prayers and I do as well!

6 Likes

I’m Emily, I am here, in Ohio. I’ve been feeling very stressed lately, 90% financial. I’ve been painting as many babies as possible to try to alleviate said financial stress :wink: I’m very tired, I’m getting over COVID, for the second time, so I haven’t been getting as much done as quickly as I want. I’m working on being patient and trying to focus on one thing at a time. Our weather has been very very odd, yesterday it was 64° and sunny, today it is 6° raining and snowing. My dogs love it, my dirty floors do not! Overall though I’m doing well, I had a breast cancer scare recently and my negative biopsy results have put a lot into perspective for me. So I really shouldn’t be complaining;)

10 Likes

Thank you so much. We are so appreciative of the prayers.

6 Likes

I’m Carol, here in Oregon transplanted last year from Idaho. Daffodils and crocus are lovely here, but we need more rain so we do not have to endure more drought like we had last year. This state shares a propensity to forest fires like California does. I am not missing the winter like we had known before - this month here has been lovely and warm. I am walking, working on making my fat like me a lot less! I seem to find many things to take up time, even if it is sitting here at my computer, and am not painting as much as I want to. In fact, here I sit… and my doll is waiting for attention!

10 Likes

Gonna start visualizing the best possible scan results. Glad you are doing well and appreciating life. :heart:

3 Likes

I don’t know how you do it with your big family, I envy you. Can’t wait to see the new babies.

3 Likes

Hope this GHSP thing gets worked out this year and sending lots of healing vibes for your back.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine all that snow. We had to drive two hours just to see enough to play in. It is lovely for a day but I think I would turn into a miserable Popsicle if I lived in it for months. I am spoiled here in California. We have lovely weather but horrible traffic, and you have to drive to find some nature and a good starry night. Hope spring is on its way for you.

2 Likes

Let us know what you hear about school, how exciting.

3 Likes

Hope spring finds you soon and chases the winter blues away. Isn’t it funny how a little sunshine and things blooming changes the way you feel in such an awesome way. Almost there.

3 Likes

Sweet baby! Great find.

All dolls are lovely, they all tell a story.

I love well loved dolls most, missing hair, cloudy eyes, nibbled fingertips, naked and a little dirty, something so precious.

3 Likes

We are lucky to get early spring, I love the February fake out here in California. I fall for it every year and think I can start putting stuff in the garden and pull out my shorts! Like you I am holding onto hope we get some good April showers, and a few unexpected storms that will fill the reservoirs, I think we got decent snow this year?

Congrats on the weight loss. I think it flew over here and landed on me…

2 Likes

I am over Covid too, I think (and hope) we are close to the finish line. I want to go swimming at the community pool, buy my kid a slurpie and a horrible hot dog and let him go down the waterslide a million times.

Maybe spring will bring some good motivation.

2 Likes

I am going to have to make a special motivation video. We need to get your mojo back! I still crack up when I think about how long I thought you lived in Australia, I have inhaled far too much paint thinner. Glad you are here and well.

2 Likes