Chalk, White Gel Pen, or Watercolor

Hello and Good Day…!!!
I’d really like to get some feedback on;

Reborn Hair Mapping; Should I use Chalk, White Gel Pen, or Watercolor Pencils…?

And if watercolor pencils, what do you do with all the rest of the colors of the pencils…would they all work the same anyway…?

Please Share Your Experience…!!

1 Like

I use a light colored prisma pencil, I find that if they aren’t baked they rub off the head pretty easily so I have to go over them a couple times while rooting the head but they stay enough to where I don’t lose my map. You can just barely see them on Levi’s head, this is the color Goldenrod.

4 Likes

Thankyou for your input; I’ve been using chalk, but it does wipe away a bit too easily;
I’d like to know too how a white gel pen works…
does it wipe away easily or is it stubborn and won’t’ come off…

1 Like

A lot of people used to use white gel pens for nails, I tried it myself several years ago and it did not come off without using thinner, so I wouldn’t recommend it for hair mapping. I also use prisma pencils, (chalk always comes off too easily for me too) I do the lines very light in a color close to the hair color so if they don’t come off easily they just blend into the hair and you can’t see them once rooting is done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are Prisma pencils the same thing as watercolour pencils…? Just need to know for sure before I purchase them at Michaels😊

2 Likes

No Prisma are oil based.

1 Like

I use white pencil used for sewing/ marking fabrics.

1 Like

So do you use watercolor pencils too…?
Which pencils are the easiest to use…?
Prisma oil based, or Watercolour Pencils…?

1 Like

I use a regular pencil. Stays put and when I’m done I can erase what hasn’t already worn off

2 Likes

That makes things very simple!

2 Likes

I just use the Prismacolor Premier pencils, I have a set but I use the rest for general coloring.

I use chalk, it does come off easy and I’m constantly redrawing my lines but I’d rather have that than having something that doesn’t come off. I’ve used other white pencils and struggled getting ALL the residue off, so I use the chalk.

Awesome Idea…Ingenious really…!
Gotta buy a box of chalk

No they are an oil base colored pencil.

I use a blue fabric pen, lightly and not full lines. So if it doesnt come off it blends like a vein. It normally comes off easily though. I had one air dry (reborn fx) baby that the pen stuck to and was a pain to get off.