Carola Carrolls eyes

Hi there everyone! I have seen dolls that have these beautiful eyes from Carola Carroll’s and they look so realistic! I love the blue eyes! Here’s an example of an artist’s doll that was featured on the site:

Has anyone here bought and used them? I noticed that some doll kits take half round eyes but most of the CC eyes are flat, would they still work?

Here’s a link to the website and she also has an Etsy shop: Eyes for Reborn Dolls | Handmade Resin Eyes | CarolaCarollsEyes

Thanks,

Julie

I think her eyes are eerily realistic.

@quiltsabunch also makes resin eyes

Most kits say half rounds but most people use acrylic flat backs.

4 Likes

I used the half round flat back CC eyes on Cade, worked great.




4 Likes

I love those blue eyes on your Cade :heart_eyes: he’s absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

I like the half rounds. I find them easier to insert from the inside than the flat backs.

1 Like

I’ve never used them. I was always scared I would break them. They are glass arent they?

Okay I just looked them up. I was thinking of the full glass ones I think

German glass are solid and flat on the back but called half round…
Which seem the same shape as acrylics without the inner “dippy” part… (lol, sorry my brain isnt braining… :wink: )

I have used acrylics mostly and a few ovals ones (they fit Patience better)

I loved the eyes on one of the Mayven prototypes and found out Carolla made those. I contacted her and purchased a couple sets from her for my Mayven. Haven’t used them yet as I’ve not yet worked on Mayven. But the eyes are gorgeous and seem nicely made. It’s the smaller pupils tht make them look so real.

2 Likes

They’re resin eyes. Flat and easy to get in the eye sockets. The only thing that might cause you troubles is they have some silicone glue on the back to keep them attached to their card in the packaging. Remove it because it is tricky to insert them otherwise. Or at least that is what I did because mayven’s head was a bit hard and the eyes kept getting glued to my fingertips. They don’t break. I dropped them a few times but be careful. Also, be careful to use glue near them for example for inserting lashes, you cannot remove glue that easily from them if you mistakenly drop some on the front. Clean them very often if you paint with eyes inserted, just use a slightly wet and clean brush. Here is Mayven with her eyes, wouldn’t change them for the world. She is gorgeous and her personality pops thanks to them!

5 Likes

I love how they look. But the shipping is insane, for a $42 pair, its $76 with shipping.

1 Like

Makes sense! I think it’s the best option for EU artists. I know Chronicdolls makes beautiful eyes and very similar to Carola’s.

1 Like

Yes the shipping is insane for her eyes so I started making them myself. I just made a pair for my Mayven I am working on.

1 Like

Do you sell?

@Onesleepingangel Ive been looking for resin eyes

I am just making them for my own dolls at the moment. I know @quiltsabunch makes some and Go Baby makes some really pretty resin eyes. If you are looking for some like CC this seller makes some nice ones and she is here in the USA. x

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChronicArtDolls?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=4305046897&from_page=listing

2 Likes

I found some CC blue/grey eyes in my stash so I took a pic to show you what the back looks like. These are 20mm.

3 Likes

@Onesleepingangel Great, thank you so much.

1 Like

All of Go Baby’s eyes look like they have bubbles on them. She’s got some great zombie eyes.

I have just bought a few pairs from her Etsy store and they were perfect and much prettier than her pics imo. x