Can reborns.com be misleading?

It doesn’t matter to me much. I use two platforms, if it sells on one I mark it adopted at the other. I wish there was a feedback tool so clients can rate the purchase experience. I think for the price Dave charges the platform is pretty complete as it is and I am guessing that would get abused by people who do dishonest things anyway. Most people are hiding sale price which I do not understand but…there must be a reason and Dave does give them the option which is fair.

I don’t just look at reborns I check Etsy and Ebay. I think you need 2 or 3 babies to kinda get a feel for where your price should fall if you are on the fence.

If you are unsure where you skill level is and feel brave offer the baby up for honest critique here or on another forum, or with a dolly friend privately.

Pricing is the hardest part for me. I have a formula but I second guess myself.

It is funny while I am painting it feels like the best or the worst baby I ever made but when its complete that can feel totally different.

Then there is the hard work amnesia you get after it is done and you start on a new baby, it is just like having a baby and forgetting about the labor pain. While in labor you think “why did I do this, I am never having another baby again!” After the baby is born the ceiling could fall down on you and you wouldn’t notice, and you can’t wait to do it all over again.

5 Likes

I hide the sale price on my older sales for two reasons. My skills have improved and the cost of supplies has gone up. I don’t want to mislead buyers into thinking they’ll get a baby at the same price it was years ago.

7 Likes

I’ve done the same. It has nothing to do with trying to ‘cheat’ anyone. I had a doll that I listed for sale, and then decided to keep her. I didn’t want to delete her post, because it’s a portfolio of my work. So, I marked her adopted.

5 Likes

She was adopted… by you. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Exactly lol

-that is actually something I never thought of…maybe I need to get over there and do that. I do get emails asking for a specific kit I made a couple years ago.

1 Like