Boxes for dolly

I only have made 4 dolls so not close to trying a sale but was looking at post of peoples sales and box openings etc and curious wondered where do you get doll boxes? I assume they arent just regular brown boxes or are they?

4 Likes

Does the mailman deliver them to you? I have been using the boxes I got my larger orders in which I assume are the mailing boxes but I am running low and need more. Can you show me a picture of the ones you use I can’t find the 10x10x8 I found 12x12x8 and 11x8x5.

4 Likes

I buy from U Line. Just make sure you stay under a cubic foot or their is a surcharge from the Post Office for shipping. The one’s I buy are long enough the baby can lay flat and I can fit extra outfits and goodies.

1 Like

I thought i watched a box opening where she took a lid off…like shoebox style but bigger.So you just use a shipping box?

1 Like

It could have been a double box which sometimes comes from over seas. Or even in the US but its very expensive with our postage rates. There are some really nice presentation boxes but you need to be making a good profit to afford the higher costs.

1 Like

I get mine from Staples. They are 16x10x12. Baby fits nice with extras. I could probably go a little smaller tall wise but I haven’t found them shorter but with the other 2 dimensions the same. I also use packing peanuts or bubble pouches.

2 Likes

I’ve been using 12x12x12 boxes for newborn babies. Walmart has them for .67. The babies are in a semi sitting position but not squished. I put all the goodies around them and they are very protected. I line it with bubble wrap before putting everything inside. The boxes are very sturdy and have been arriving in very good shape. I don’t know if it being a square makes it stronger but they sure seem to be more durable. I use the 14x14x14 for bigger babies. I used to buy the long rectangular boxes from U line but I’m very happy with these.

5 Likes

I use the boxing that @allhisgrace uses :slight_smile:

2 Likes

allhisgrace
i never considered that but i bet you are right!..
Square is stronger than rectangular because the exact same demensions no side longer or higher there for stronger

1 Like

The only thing is if the doll is sitting upright and the box gets squished? Or maybe I misunderstood the positioning of the doll?

1 Like

Actually if she squished in that position her head would just bend down to her feet some. The squish would be placed on the body. If a thin box squished the impact is on the head.

1 Like

Since the box is deep, I put paper and bubble wrap at the bottom. Reborn over that. Smaller reborns 18-20 inches aren’t really in the fetal position much if you put them diagonally then I do another layer of bubble wrap and such.

1 Like

Staples and UPS also have boxes of various sizes that are made to be adjustable. If you don’t need the height of the full sized box, you can cut the corners down to the next scored level and bend the top there instead so the box isn’t so deep. Shipping costs are determined in part by the size of the box, so I like these because I don’t have to pay for empty space.
The large flat rate box from the post office will usually fit a small reborn and can save money if you are having to ship across country.
If you can find a box size you like, check out the USPS site for whether or not they offer boxes that size. They will drop a bundle of them off at your door and they are free!

2 Likes

I love watching box openings on YouTube. They are so much fun. When I sell a doll, I want to try and make the opening as fun as possible for the new mommy.

I use 12×14×6 from amazon. Fits everything in there nicely. Depending on where you ship they are cheaper to ship than priority large flat rate. Overseas cheaper to ship too.

1 Like

I would include the forty extra dollars in the price and then mark it ‘free shipping’. They’re still paying the same price but seeing free shipping makes it more appealing to buyers lol.

5 Likes

No prob, I know lots of ladies on here do it too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think id make it known free shipping in the USA…or sure as shootin youll get someone in timbucktu want it!

3 Likes

I saw a youtube video of a box opening (I think) from Cosmic Encounters… she used a violin box I think. It was neat. I will try to locate it… :slight_smile:

1 Like