Bought my first NOT counterfeit kit bonnie brown kit

The whole snafu with me buying not one… but three counterfeit kits from amazon was like a below the belt … balls broken hit to me emotionally. When I told my mom… she didn’t think I was for real… she was like “ this sounds made up.” I gave her the DL on this thing that goes on with kits. Anyhow, she suggested I buy the REAL Maddie kit by Bonnie Brown kit and I did. Ironically, my one and only child (31 year old daughter) is named madison… whom We affectionately call “maddie”. I bought the kit from McPherson Crafts. I do not anticipate doing any other expensive kits … but felt it was a good move to do a real Maddie kit given I’d done three counterfeit ones… completely clueless.

I was going to try to delete my whole post showing off ny beatrice … but think it should stay so others know about this counterfeit racket… I was so naive. I will never buy from amazon again.

in the meantime… I have these three kits that I worked feverishly on… and the vinyl was so hard to work with… I’ve decided to give one to my cousin felicia… she is recovering from bypass surgery and so much has went wrong … she has been in hospital for over a month. The other two… beatrice and buster… I want to get rid of… but knowing they are from a counterfeit kit… I’m not sure what to do. I worked so hard. I’d be willing to just get back the cost associated with making them… no profit… just expenses… which is like 125.00 because of the rooted mohair.

Anyhow, just wallowing in my misfortune… lol… I love making dolls … but I don’t have an organic love or fondness for them… It’s flaring up my OCD that two completed dolls are sitting in my studio waiting for homes…

I’m open to suggestions if anyone wants to spitball some ideas on what to do with them. Aim not going to dismantle them… and again I made them completely unaware they were a knockoff of maddie kit.

In the meantime, can’t wait to do the real Maddie kit.

1 Like

Best think to do is donate them to a child or nursing home, or just throw away. The community will look down and most likely blacklist you if you try to sell them

6 Likes

Sadly not everyone knows about counterfeits until the art of reborning turns into an obsession and they find groups on Facebook and then they learn about knock off kits. Or collectors get scammed and then go to Facebook groups with their story wanting a cheap doll from someone because they got scammed. I’ve seen so many people asking for a free doll because someone scammed them :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Already relegated babies NFS and labeled “ do not destroy “

Once I found out my beatrice was knock off of maddie kit by bonnie brown… I ended her ebay auction the next day.

I’ve worked too hard the last 13 year’s building trust with customers and knowing about this counterfeit racket that is in play… I wouldn’t disparage Ms. Bonnie Brown by selling a knock off of her Maddie kit.

The best I could do to right the snafu was to buy the real Maddie kit… AND wow the world with my skills as a reborn artist.

3 Likes

I received my maddie kit… by bonnie brown… was a bit baffled the vinyl is so warm… almost as if it has already been blushed. i took a picture of the maddie kit next to a shyann kit head… I’m such a creature of habit … I bought blonde hair and possibly a dark brown mohair for maddie… but the blonde definitely won’t work and bringing a warm kit to more peachy is not exactly in my wheelhouse… so I’m going to do dark blonde on her.

I bought three Shyann kits about six months ago… I love her face but i don’t like the 3/4 limbs that shyann sports … do I used June limbs… which appear to be fairly balanced with shyanns head size… but the little june hands seem a little large for shyann… but overall I’m pleased … my mom is 76 and she loves dressing the dolls… with shyann having full limbs… she can have a bit more versitility with her clothes.

Also, I’m going to see my cousin felicia tomorrow at hospital… my mom is like my best friend… she says the katrina kit ( the knockoff is too big for felicia… given the bypass… so those three are boxed up for good. I’m going to get up early and finish another doll for felicia… it’s Owen… he is smaller … and she’ll be able to hold him… she has a grand baby due in February…

Anyhow, here is my maddie kit next to shyann… I was just surprised the vinyl is so warm… but an excited to get started in her once I finish Tootie.

My post are long … for which I can’t seem to shorten. just enjoying getting back into dolls. Im goi g to document creating maddie.

2 Likes

I usually changed Shyann’s limbs with Aubrey Pratt… made a much better looking baby!

2 Likes

@pia

Oh the Aubrey limbs are perfect on your shyann… shyann has such a quiet little face… the limbs can’t be noisy. I sacrificed my june head to do shyann… but I wasn’t happy with june… her eyes seemed unusually far apart…I love your shyann. I’ve got my shyann almost done she is in the WIP cradle. My mom wants to give her another outfit… then I’m going to list her on reborns.com ( my first on that platform).

I’m doing a 2024 clean out of the kits that I’d like to get rid of…

Having not been in here in sometime… is it typical or acceptable to sell a kit that is

1. blushed but not assemble?

2. kits that maybe i messed up on (like the hair painting). It seems you can root over painted hair… but I’d like to reserve rooting for kits I’m fond of…

I was just curious on your thoughts … and being I’m cleaning out… wanted to ask.

I’m very good at blushing the skin, hands, eyebrows… not so good at staging and photography… which i’m working on🙏

thanks for all your help

You can list anything for sale… I blush closer to the end of painting my babies. Do you blush first?

1 Like

Mee too. That is my last step before capillaries.

2 Likes

After reading and looking at her images and thinking she’s referring to skin tone as blush maybe?

1 Like