Bought a NuWave

So, I bit the bullet and bought a NuWave off Amazon. After searching and reading through all the comments, suggestions, and reviews, it just seemed like this was the thing to do - especially after researching the vinyl/health concerns. I purchased the pro plus with amber dome. Now, I know a lot of you use these ovens, and there was discussion over melting kits, the dome cracking, etc. Any tips you can offer on cooking time/temp? I’ve seen so many conflicting info, so hoping to clear it up here. Also, those of you who’ve been using a NuWave for several years, would you be willing to share your wealth of knowledge? Do you still love the NuWave? Any new issues with dome cracking or melting? And whose husband makes the wood rack again??

1 Like

I’ve used mine since 2016. No cracking or melting for me. Works like a champ. I cook 260 for 8 to 10 mins. I have same one as you, Amber with ring.

1 Like

Maybe amber is the key, not sure. After 2 domes and 2 rings cracking all to pieces, none of them were amber all clear. I switched to something else. I get distracted too easily so I bought a thermometer that is digital and sits outside of the oven. I can set it to a certain temp and an alarm will go off when it reaches that temp so I do not melt anything.

1 Like

I used a cheap Rosewill oven with no issues for over 2 years until I stupidly left it out on the porch in the rain I ruined it. I recently replaced it with a nuwave (pro plus with amber dome and extended ring) because the inside is bigger than the Rosewill. I set mine at 265. I ran it a few times with just a thermometer inside and then again with the thermometer and a kit and found that it wasn’t getting up to 250 unless I bake for 11 minutes. That’s what I’ve been doing for the past few weeks and it’s been fine. I’d suggest using a thermometer inside the oven for a bit, at least until you get a feel for how long and at what temp to bake with your particular oven, as they seem to vary a little.

2 Likes

I’ve got the same one you got and have been using it for about 3 years with no problems at all. I’ve heard the amber dome is more durable and all the ones I’ve heard of having cracked were clear. The digital settings are much easier than using twisty knobs. It was an investment for me too but I got it after melting a kit in a countertop oven and I’d never go back!

2 Likes

You won’t regret it, your baby making just got easier. This is a staple for reborning and it is so easy to use.

I use a flannel receiving blanket to line the bottom and sides. I keep the metal ring in it at all times. I only use it outside.

Hit clear, then cook temp, enter 265 then cook time, 8 (just 8) start and that is it.

I just earned my nuwave right of passage and cracked my amber bowl… it is being held together with tape and I am proud, not getting a new one, I worked hard for that crack. (I dropped it on cement about 30 times!)

2 Likes