Black fuzzies when using sealer

Has anyone had a problem with black ‘fuzzies’ when applying sealer? I don’t see the fuzzies in the sealer or on the brush or cosmetic wedge, but when I pounce the sealer on, there they are. I have to keep scraping the fuzzies off. I kept switching brushes and wedges, but I still had the fuzzies. Any suggestion as to what is causing this?

1 Like

I learned from this group to never wear black while painting (the biggest culprit for me) and to always have a lint roller on hand to tap brushes and sponges on before then to apply paint or sealer. An air purifier helps, too!

1 Like

I have an air purifier and I was not wearing black or anything fuzzy. The lint roller sounds like a good idea. Thank you.

1 Like

I was having this issue and started using a blow dryer to blow all the dust off my work area before starting.

About 10 minutes before I want to start painting with air dry paints, I take my blow dryer and try to dust off every surface around my work area, even the kits themselves. Then I let it settle for 10ish minutes before I start mixing up paints! We live in a remodeled trailer that was built in 1969 and every room except the kitchen and bathroom has carpeting, so the fight against fuzzies is constant haha.