Biracial skin tone with Golden?

Hi there everyone! I was wondering what colors of the Golden Acrylic fluid paints I would need to paint a biracial skin tone? I’ve heard of mixing red, blue and yellows together. But what other colors? I would be using this set pictured:
The colors included in the set are:
Benzimidazolone Yellow Medium
Naphthol Red Light
Quinacridone Magenta
Phthalo Blue (GS)
Phthalo Green (BS) Yellow Ochre
Zinc White
Titanium White
Thanks,
Julie

1 Like

I use the primary method for my painting but I purchase burnt umber for my ethnic colors. Red, blue and yellow will work and maybe a little white, depending on how deep you want it. You’d have to experiment to get the colors that you’re looking for. You can always go online, I’m sure there’s plenty of info on the subject. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My preference is burnt umber light with add ins, but if you are set on these specific colors, you could do the primary method. Washes of red, blue, yellow. Really you could do Washes of a lot and end up where you want to be as long as you have a basic understanding of color theory.

1 Like

What colors do you usually mix in with burnt umber light?

It really depends. This one had a lot of different washes, but some were burnt umber light with blue added in to knock back some of the orange.

3 Likes