Biracial Shyann is making me Crazy!

I love the Shyann kit, but this biracial Shyann kit is just horrible. It’s eating up all my paint, and things are looking streaky. I am using the same thin layers. I have done dark skinned babies, building up tone, and they turned out well. This one however…:frowning: Uggh, any tips?

3 Likes

The one i did i mint greened her down big time and then built her AA color back up. I didnt like the biracial vinyl at all either.

5 Likes

Using GHSP thinner may help prevent the streakiness. Thanks for the heads up. I have one waiting for me.

3 Likes

I was told not to buy the biracial kits because they are more a pain in the @$$ then they are worth and I am soooo glad I listened the AA Shyann I made turned out great for my first AA and her mom really loved her.

5 Likes

Uggh, I heard that, but didn’t realize just quite how bad it would be. She was on sale…I caved. :confused:

2 Likes

Thank you! I always forget that!

1 Like

I’m working on biracial Kaya now, I feel your pain!! And I feel like the palms and feet will never get lighter LOL.

4 Likes

As a beginner, she was my first reborn. If I had known her vinyl was gonna be hard to get to the color I wanted, I wouldn’t have ordered that kit. I got very discouraged and was gonna give up on reforming. But then I realized it wasn’t me, it’s the color of the vinyl. I love her tho. I’m waiting for the regular Shyann kit to go on sale.

2 Likes

That is why I never bought the bi-racial kits :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh boy! I think I’ve just decided to leave it be at this point and hopefully with the rest of the skin darker, it will just look lighter in contrast lol. If not, I’ll revisit it near the end of the painting.

1 Like

Ive never had a problem with her. I think if your paint is too thin perhaps that is why its streaky?

4 Likes