Best resource for human hair

I’m wanting to root my bigger dolls with human hair… where is the best place to get it? I’ve been researching wefts on Amazon but I’m so afraid to get something and have it end up a mixture or synthetic :disappointed:

Anyone have any tried and true places ?

1 Like

Sallys beauty supply. That way you can feel it and see it and know it’s real human hair.

Most on eBay. Is a synthetic mix.

3 Likes

I live in a smaller town and have asked the ladies at the local beauty salon to save me hair that was brushed in a ponytail and then cut. They usually do this when someone has long hair and decides to cut it short.

2 Likes

I’ve worn extensions for years and have gotten extensions and wefts from a brand called moresoo it’s is 100% human hair, remy quality. I have done burn tests on it and it’s absolutely human hair. It’s very good quality and it’s not too terribly expensive for quality human hair. I know they sell it on Amazon and ebay but I usually buy it directly from their website, just to make sure it’s not fake or anything. You can probably get cheaper hair somewhere else, but as someone who purchased many brands before finding this one 5 years ago I can say that even a lot of hair advertised as human hair is synthetic or a blend.

2 Likes

So expensive though isnt it?

The human hair from dollssoreal isn’t too bad! I bought one bundle and used less than half of it for Liam Brown. It’s dyed though, not natural color.

1 Like

When my daughter asked at a salon once to save what she cut off since it was a few inches the girl got weird and was put off and when she was done told my daughter she could pick up what she wanted off the floor before she swept :pleading_face:

The next time she went somewhere else and the girl did save it for her in a pony tail.

I asked my sons room mate to save hers for me but she wanted to donate it. They tossed it :tired_face:

I’d feel so weird asking a salon with the reactions I’ve gotten so far lol

I’ll check into that! I looked on eBay and was hoping to find red but none! :pensive:

1 Like

A lot of times I’ll buy the light blonde if it’s on sale and dye it. Regular permanent hair dye works just like it would on your own hair. I’ve bleached the dark brown also with no damage.

1 Like

Oy I’m imagining the mess :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think even family don’t like the idea of having their hair around. I just rooted a toddler with hair from a beauty store “Sally, and another store next to Sally that have more variety on hair than Sally. Let see if I can load a picture of the WIP photos!

3 Likes

Maybe try taking one of your dolls into a salon when you ask. That way they can see what the hair will be used for.

Hopefully you’ll encounter a stylist that falls in love with your work and not one of those who are totally creeped out by reborns.

Either way though, it never hurts to ask. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I did bring one of my dolls into the salon before I asked them to save hair for me. That got them very interested in saving ponytails for me.

2 Likes

That might be the way to do it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Do they charge you for them? What is the min length you ask for

No they gave them to me for free. I didn’t ask for any type of length requirements. Most ponytails were over 8 inches long with some longer. I did ask for finer hair such as childrens hair ideally. I guess it depends on the people working at the salons as to the response that you will get. Some people are co-operative and some are not.

2 Likes