Best heat set paints?

What heat set paints is everyone using nowadays?

1 Like

Genesis.

1 Like

I started well after genesis went out. Theres some stragglers out there but not enough to get everything id want. I use winton oils and xodus thinning oil. I love them. From the few who use them they arw very much like genesis in the way of mixing. One day id like to try col oils

2 Likes

Using up my billions of Genesis jars. I have so many that I think they may outlive me. :laughing: But I would like to try the Winton Oils and see if I might like them more.

5 Likes

I absolutely love them! And a little goes a long way. Very affordable too!

2 Likes

I just got in some Winton Oils and also some BC Paints. I have Xodus thinning oil and it works with everything! I have now tried it in Genesis, Winton, BC Paints and IRHSP and it works in ALL of them. So if you have it you can then use whatever paint you want. I also tested the new BC Liquid thinning Medium in BC Paints, Genesis and Winton and it mixed all paints well and heat set well on the swatches I did. I need to paint more with it to know how it performs in multiple layers but it looks promising. The BC paints are much more pigmented than the IRHSP I had. I like them a lot better from that stand point. I have yet to paint more than swatches with them as well to get a better feel how they do on multiple layers. I have ordered more colors and will be doing a whole baby in those and a whole baby in Wintons for my further testings. This will take some time but that is what I plan.

6 Likes

I just wanted to add that any artist grade oil paint will work with thinner (I used Gamsol) and Xodus oil. I bout 2 tubes (blue and brown) on clearance at Hobby Lobby last year and they bake just fine, same as Genesis do.

6 Likes