Belly plate fitting

How should belly plates fit? I painted a belly plate with my last kit. I rolled iup an old shirt n put under the belly plate when placing it in the nuwave oven. When I put the belly plate on the doll, it’s a big gap between the stomach of the doll n the belly plate.

1 Like

I cut to fit where like the inside of the thighs are… hmm not sure if I am explaining it right- near the crotch area I trim

1 Like

Really depends on the belly plate sculptor. I find that all of LLE’s belly plates leave a huge space between the body and the plate. I hate those.
If working on one that is relatively flat to begin with, I put the baby together, heat the plate, and lay it over the body to cool.

5 Likes

Yes, I did cut some off. It’s the gap between the plate n the doll stomach I was asking about…

It’s a realborn tummy plate, atomically girl.

1 Like

I had that exact same problem with a Realborn girl plate and never did figure it out, so I ended up selling the baby without the plate because I was afraid the buyer would be upset at the fit.

3 Likes

Its cause they are made from chunky monkeys and have fat bellies! :wink::joy: no lol I actually haven’t bought a tummy plate so I have no idea. But I’ve seen them on the dolls and they all seem to have a gap between the plate and body.

2 Likes

Oh I’ve never even noticed.

Ok, I thought I was doing something wrong. I know people say they really are just for taking pictures. I never knew or didn’t think they had that much of a gap in them when placed on the doll.

Great idea

1 Like

I never noticed it either. I had only painted a few belly plates before and they did not have that gap. Cutting was not going to fix the fit of mine and I gave up.

2 Likes

Ohh I see! Yes that is a good question

1 Like