Beads Just an idea right now

Hello All,

I was thinking that since I literally have a fine glass bead plant in my backyard. ( not literally lol) I wondered if anyone would be interested in purchasing some from me? We have been buying 50 pound bags at a time. I tell my husband to go and pick it up and he carries the heavy bags for me lol. Let me know if this is something that you all would be interested in. This is just a thought right now.

I discussed it with my husband over the weekend and he thought it would be a good idea especially for those that don’t have the luxury of having a blasting plant in their area. This post has been edited to be less confusing. Lol

2 Likes

Until I read the last paragraph I wonder what in the world is a glass beads plant (as in vegetation). Lol. I feel stupid. May be interested.

5 Likes

It depends on the price you’re able to sell and ship them.

2 Likes

I did it like that because for some reason the system kept flagging me for using obscene language. So when I deleted fine glass bead plant it let me post. I’m sorry about that.

1 Like

Hahaha me too!

2 Likes

Don’t feel alone, so did I. Lol

It would depend on price/shipping .

2 Likes

You aren’t alone, @greta. I was like ‘Planting one of those would solve all kinds of problems.’ :joy:

4 Likes

Maybe I can edit it now that it allowed me to finally post it. Lol

1 Like

Depending on price I am interested!

1 Like

I’m so confused lol

2 Likes

I buy my fine glass beads from a blasting plant that is literally down the street from where I live. It is a plant that makes and processes fine glass beads and other sand blasting materials. The factory is huge. The have tons and tons of glass beads.

1 Like

The reason that I worded my post this way is because the system didn’t like the word glass. It flagged it as being profanity.

1 Like

Would gla** work? Or gl*ss?

You should tell people what size the beads are. Some are too fine and come out through the stockings as fine dust, although they are OK for the limbs, but it is not a good idea to inhale the dust. The ones I am using now for limbs are 800 - 650 um = US sieve 20 - 30; I would not want any smaller. I use at least 1.7mm - 2.4mm (1700 -2400um) for inside the body; that is too big to come out through the stocking. I used to be able to get beads about 3500mu, but nobody seems to stock those any more.

1 Like

I printed out the page from bountiful baby with the specifications and bead size that they had listed here on the site. I took it to the plant and they walked me over to 50 pound and 100 pound bags of the exact size glass beads that was listed here at bountiful baby website.

2 Likes

Id love to buy some :smiley:

1 Like

I would love to if you are able to give a good deal! :grin:

Are they BT3? That is what Bountiful Baby sells. You should plastic bag them and see how many pounds will fit in a Medium or Large Flat Rate box and figure out how much you would charge for that quantity so the ladies can decide. I also am able to buy 50 pound bags for just under $30.00 (after tax) of the BT-3 size beads from a sandblasting company in Oklahoma City. Here is the chart for sizes:

2 Likes

Nice! I think I give around $50 for a 40lb bag.