BB premium mohair

Looks good but at that price it really wants to be amazing.

5 Likes

Yeah, I took one look at the price and said no thanks. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Sorry I wasn’t brave enough to say it first! Good grief at the cost!!

3 Likes

:rofl::joy: I hope it’s like REALLY good! I’ll bite but my expectations are going to be as high as the price

5 Likes

If they’d sell it in 1/4 oz. I’d give it a try, but I could buy a whole kit or two for $70!

5 Likes

Let us know!! If you want to, pm me with your address & I’ll send you a sample to compare. As this is twice what I charge, I’m super curious & would love to hear feedback! :hugs:

10 Likes

I pay that and more for my mohair already, then there’s shipping and conversion, I usually pay around $100 so for me that’s a good price for good mohair. This make has their own fb page and there are a lot of examples and compliments about the hair, though I hadn’t been able to get any myself. I’ve not long ordered 1 oz of lovely mohair but next time I order I’ll probably get some.

1 Like

I buy HP Babylocks from Germany and its around 50 euro so its about the same…beautiful, silky soft hair. Its what I rooted my Harry Potter with. From now on Im only using this and the hair I get from the lady at Heavenly Illusions in Germany (she processes it herself)

2 Likes

that’s how much I pay for Delta Dawn which is in my opinion the best mohair you can buy and it’s for an ounce at $10 more than that price.
You can see it’s great quality if that’s what Jackie uses but it’s so expensive:( I’d love to try it some time, so maybe it’s priced high to allow for a sale. It does look lovely!

2 Likes

To expensive!

Silk Effex

I’ve heard wonderful things about the mohair but $70 for half an ounce is a lot. That would be $140 for a whole ounce! Yikes! Slumberland is $60 for a whole ounce. I was so excited that BB was offering quality mohair but it’s just too expensive for most.

1 Like

What mohair do you get?

yikes expensive! BEtter be the best, lol

Can anyone recommend a good alpaca or synthetic hair? I’m going to try viscous but I don’t want to mess up my rooting.

1 Like

Who else charges $140 for an ounce? DD is about $80/oz, Angora Mohtique is between $80/oz and $100/oz, and there are many very good and cheaper available.

1 Like

This is the best priced alpaca I could find
http://www.reborndollhair.com/sales.htm

I would not try synthetic, that does not have the cuticle, which helps it to be held in place.

1 Like

That’s a really good deal. The cost is less per half and quarter ounce, than buying a quarter only. Thank you! Yes I’ve noticed that with synthetic hair in other crafts.

LIL what is the HP like to root ? Is it real fine texture ? I have a hard time rooting kid mohair.

2 Likes

Its really easy to root, thats another thing I like about it.

2 Likes