BB Kits and CPSIA Testing

On our home page, we have said for years “Our Bountiful Baby kits have been tested to meet USA CPSIA requirements, and have also been tested to meet the more stringent European Standard EN71”. I could be wrong, but I think we are the only kit producer that regularly lab tests our vinyl.

I was just looking through one of the last lab results we got. It is a 7 page document, but the highlights (conclusions) of each test are as shown below.

Nevin

OVERALL CONCLUSION:

Standard

1. ASTM F963-11, Flammability
  2. ASTM F963-11, Soluble Heavy Metals in Substrates
  3. CPSIA Title 1, Section 101 – Total Lead in Substrates
  4. CPSIA Title 1, Section 108 – Phthalates-7
  5. EN 71-3:2013+A1:2014 Migration of Certain Elements

Individual Result:

1. Does Comply. Based upon the results of the test reported above, the submitted sample does comply with the requirements of solids and soft toys in Section 4.2 of ASTM F963-11, Safety Specification for Toy Safety.

2. Does Comply. When tested as specified, the submitted sample does comply with the soluble heavy metals requirements according to section 4.3.5.2 2(b) of ASTM F963-11.

3. Does Comply. When tested as specified, the submitted sample does comply with the requirements set forth in the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, Section 101 for total lead content in substrates.

4. Does Meet. When tested as specified, the submitted sample(s) does meet the limit for phthalates as recommended by the CPSIA and does meet the limit for phthalates as recommended by the Proposition 65 case settlement BG-07-350969.

5. Does Meet. The submitted sample(s) does meet the acceptable limits as specified in EN 71- 3:2013+A1:2014 Migration of Certain Elements.

24 Likes

Yea!!! Go, BB!

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Thank you for keeping our safety a priority! @bbsupport

Great job!
BB kits are always great quality. Thank you for looking at both American and European standards!

I think your sharing this shows an honesty not seen in most large corporations. I thank you and commend you for publishing this.