BB bait and switch

Wow! This is so wrong.

3 Likes

You should NOT have to pay shipping on receiving what you did not orderā€¦

4 Likes

No its not, but if they donā€™t reply to my email, Iā€™ll be stuck paying for shipping either way! Iā€™m angry because they broke a trust with meā€¦ legally itā€™s false advertising!

*edited to add that I got a return shipping label from BB this morning

7 Likes

I hate to think that BB is going the way of so many who donā€™t stand behind their products and errors to do the right thing by righting things. Amazon has become that way a bit, and some other places. BB used to be so careful of this kind of thing. :frowning:

3 Likes

Great! This is how it should be!

3 Likes

Yes it is!

2 Likes

Received my order today. It is not Pratt varnish, but itā€™s not original formula Genesis, either. Itā€™s comparable to the new formula Genesis with some thinning medium mixed in.

I varnished this poor old test belly plate with it, baked 3x, and while itā€™s not completely matte, itā€™s passable so I wonā€™t return it. I really love the air dry varnish Iā€™ve been using so I will probably use this as a primer for fingers and toes.

It gave a little texture to the vinyl and thereā€™s no cracking when I bend it.

I didnā€™t open and try all 12 jars, so I might find the stringy, sticky stuff yet, who knows.

7 Likes

That actually doesnā€™t look bad at all! What were your jars labeled as?

2 Likes

@Emma , Same labels as yours.

Curious to see what others receive.

Loved your BC varnish video!

1 Like

Karen, may I ask what color you are using as a ā€œbaseā€ color for the ā€œnipplesā€ on this plate, itā€™s great!?

2 Likes

I think this is awesome, damn I love your mottling.

It looks ā€œdewyā€ not matte but still lovely.

Hope the other containers are ok.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Gabriell Gina! I love mottling and have to stop myself from getting carried away. You can see that I have tried different sponges on this one.

I wonā€™t use this matte varnish on painted hair, Iā€™m too leery after I ruined a doll last summer that way. I will keep using the air dry varnish but was pleasantly surprised to see this work out as well as it did today; I had really low expectations.

@lynn , itā€™s a test plate so I have used different colors, kind of like throwing things at a wall to see what sticks :joy: I think my last try had some red mixed with purple, on top of flesh with a little burnt umber. And now itā€™s varnished so I guess Iā€™m done. Or maybe not!

3 Likes

I ordered a whole bunch of Genesis too. Iā€™ll have to check my jars now. When it came I didnā€™t really even look them over, I just stashed them all in the drawer with all the other extra jars Iā€™ve hoarded. :grimacing:

1 Like

After several emails BB sent me a return label with no actual response. I had been hoping for a oh weā€™re so sorry there was a mix up, it was misidentified in the warehouse or some sort of explanation, to show they didnā€™t purposely do this to try to move their Pratt line, but Iā€™ll take not having to pay return shipping!

11 Likes

I just checked my labels, and all of mine, say Genesis on them.

2 Likes

@quiltsabunch Amanda, original formula?

So interesting to see what people are getting.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming because they arenā€™t marked new but who knows. I didnā€™t get any varnish. Just other mediums and colours.

2 Likes

Oh, okay ~ I also got some Genesis paints that were marked Genesis.

2 Likes

I got a few reds and they were also marked Genesis. Only the varnish was Pratt

2 Likes

I wonder if I should chance purchasing some Genesis titanium white.

1 Like