Baldish baby

I’m rooting a baby and I just love how she looks with bald areas. She looks just like my real babies did. Does anyone ever root this way? I wondered if buyers would think I was just bad at rooting LOL. I wish I could figure out how to upload pictures so I could show you how cute she looks this way. I guess I’m just asking if any of you ever opt to leave bald areas, with fully rooted areas for thatch and back of head.

I always do the full rooting. It is just my preference. It is hard to say what a buyer might think.

As long as you show it in your listing and in the description you write something like “rooted sparsely with bald patches, just as real babies have”. So the buyer knows the bald patches are deliberate, and can see what they look like.

I wish I could, but I don’t really know how. Anyway, she’s not done yet, but I’ll try to post when I finish her head which should be in a few days. Last time I tried I was too computer challenged to make it work. Lol

1 Like

Oh my gosh, I did it! But I was trying to upload two different pix and uploaded the same one twice. Dare I try again?

1 Like

1 Like

As you can see from the above photos I’m nowhere near done rooting, but it is my intent to keep everything very sparse and there will be baldish spots left in back and on sides, like my real babies had. What do you think?

Yea, I agree about more hair. I can’t root that way but the babies I have seen done with the bald patches still have a covering of very short peach fuzz of hair in the places that are balding.

1 Like

Thanks, Calimel, and I agree with you. It’s not finished. Thanks for the compliment. I’m going to do lots more on the sides with little sideburns coming down if I can do it. I’m using Alpaca and it’s a bit tempermental to root, but I LOVE the affect. There will be a fringe all the way around from the back to the sides but the hairline is going to stay way back and the sides are going to be very sparse but not bald like it is now. I would like to root the little hairs from the eyes inward like people do but have not been able to do that yet, but yesterday I couldn’t post pix. I learn something new everyday, especially on the forums.

2 Likes

Hmm, peachfuzz. I wonder if I could pull that off. Do you think it should be a lighter color than the regular hair? Or maybe just really, really thin and short?

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve been working on it a little tonight and it’s coming out okay so far. I’ve always rooted full heads so this is sort of a daring road for me. Thanks for encouragaing me.

1 Like