Bald Baby Swap

Does anyone do the bald baby swap anymore? Im not sure how it works but it sounds fun.

1 Like

We haven’t done any kind of swap in a long time. It was fun.

3 Likes

Oh! I think I participated in that. Lots of fun!

1 Like

Been a long time since we’ve done a swap! They were fun!

2 Likes

We should create a swap of some kind… ugly sculpts? Remember that, and everyone had to paint the baby they got…I would totally be down for that. Sadly people who have to ship farthest get the short stick.

Summer is also a great time to do some kind of challenge.

5 Likes

I don’t remember that one. Did people just swap blank kits?

1 Like

Ugly ducklings challenge?

2 Likes

Did everyone stop doing a finished doll swap? I would like to do a bald baby swap. I read that there was some trouble with it in the past though.

2 Likes

A lot of us do not collect. So with swaps some dont enter due to that, others enter but the doll just sits, etc. (I am guilty of this… I have a cabinet with the dolls from swaps)

With challenges we can still sell our work.

I do know there was some issues on some of them. Like matching artistic skill in the people partnered, etc

What is included with the doll… some send huge amounts of outfits, toys, etc while others are used to only shipping dolls with 1 outfit.

5 Likes

Oh ok. I understand. I don’t really collect but I wouldnt mind keeping a couple. I would love to trade with someone. It was be nice to have someone elses art and to share mine.

1 Like

I’ve done a few swaps and had fun. One I gave to a lady in a nursing home and one I still have.

3 Likes