Bald Babies?

Does anyone have any to share? Or an opinion on which kits look ok or even good as a bald baby?

I know some look odd or unfinished as a bald baby but I think some look fine. Please share😊

1 Like

Summer Rain asleep is cute bald

2 Likes

Precious Gift and Owen

4 Likes

I love bald babies! One sculpt that looks good bald to me is Libby by Cindy Musgrove. I also like Cooper by Jessica Schenk as bald. Here are some from my collection:

For bald baby girls, I usually put a bow/headband on their heads.

2 Likes

So cute!

I love them. They look great bald!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

I think Lane looked good bald but Londyn doesn’t.

4 Likes

Summer Rain

I just looked and I had a hat or bonnet on in most of her photos (both bald versions I made… ) lol

3 Likes

She’s sweet.

1 Like

Bonnie Browns Levi and Twin A. Both have really nicely sculpted heads.

4 Likes

Oh wow! I love them. They look great bald! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I only painted 1 bald baby - Reese. And not because I wanted him bald, but because my membership on Reborns was running out and I wanted him to be sold before that :wink: :laughing:
Never mind his stark-white nails, I was a newbie then.

I think Lucas Brace looks very adorable bald (WIP)

3 Likes

Dominik asleep makes a really cute baldie. I believe he is the only baby I regret selling to this day.

7 Likes

I love bald babies <3 I kept my Drew Ann bald because I knew she’d be changed and handled often and I did not want to worry about rooted hair being messy. I do not think she’s the best sculpt for it but I love her anyways.

@dinokc your Dominik is absolutely stunning! I also think Reese, Summer Rain, Ever and many of the Bonnie Brown sculpts work well bald.

4 Likes

All my dolls i make are bald babies because I’m horrible at hair and ruin an otherwise ok paint job when ive added hair sigh
Thankfully im ok w owning bald dolls, but i sure do admire those of you who add beautiful realistic hair!

3 Likes

I’ve done quite a few bald, some customs that were requested bald and my budget babies are bald. My favorite baldies were Levi & Manuela

Jude and a Dominic both had rounded non-detailed heads so didn’t look great bald in my opinion.

4 Likes

They all look AMAZING!
Thank you for sharing. You’re inspiring!:blush:

1 Like

I have only been able to sell bald babies as rooting hurts too much—I might have early signs of Carpal Tunnel. I hope to try painted hair soon. I like having bald babies, mostly because I can see the details in the vinyl and the painting, but also because they’re easier to care for.

Elijah Kazmierczak ^ (most recent)

Ginger Fagan ^

Corbin Smith ^

Twin A Brown ^

4 Likes