Baking dolls in an oven?

Hi lovely people. So I have been using my home oven to bake dolls since I started reborning, and I have yet to use my oven for my food cooking purposes since. Have any of you used your home oven to bake dolls and then used the oven for cooking purposes? What do you guys use to clean out the oven to remove any harmful toxins the doll might’ve left?

PLEASE google -effects of heating /baking vinyl- this is potentially VERY dangerous-If I tell you you may think its only because I make and sell air dry paints so Thats why I am encouraging you to do the research yourself

3 Likes

I would worry as much about the fumes released by heating vinyl as the residue left in the oven. There is residue, as I’ve noticed it on the transparent dome of my NuWave oven. I always bake outside to minimize exposure to the fumes, and I try to allow parts to cool outside (patience is a virtue! haha)

Here’s my philosophy, and the reason I sprung for a NuWave. Carcinogens are everywhere, and if you try to avoid them all you’ll be stuck in a bubble. However, there are definitely ways to minimize exposure, and doing so is well worth the extra $$ (it’s offset by fewer medical bills!) While there’s no guarantee you’d be harmed by vinyl fumes, there’s also no guarantee you wouldn’t. Heating vinyl is definitely linked to harmful effects.

That being said, the same goes for paint thinner. Gloves and good ventilation are your friends :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks you guys! @cher_simnitt @pinkclove212 I Appreciate the advice and feedback . @Rainbowbabies you are quite right I think I will start baking outside and I never use gloves but that can be a possible good idea

1 Like

I bake in a full size stove/confection oven out in my garage with the door open , or in a small portable confection oven(looks kinda like a microwave, about $68 @ Walmart) outside on my deck. Please Do Not bake your doll inside the house, it will make you and your family sick. Please do Not bake food and dolls in the same oven. It made my kids wake up with sore throat when I baked in the small confection in the house, even with a window open. Please be safe , We care about you and your family.

1 Like

Thsnk you. I will definitely put off doll painting until I get an oven that I can use outside. I do wake up often with a sore throat and know it’s from baking

1 Like