BabyFX Powders and Chalk Pastels

Hello.
It’s been a while since I have been able to make dolls and found myself watching loads of videos of people repainting monster high dolls. They use chalk pastels, watercolor pencil, and acrylic paints. As long as everything is sealed, it seems to work well on the vinyl heads.
This caused a long google search about using chalk pastels on reborns which brought me to information about BabyFx Powders. I would like to try this method to cut down on the volume of supplies needed for various repaints and art projects.
However, I’m not sure how you mottle with the chalks and such? Does anyone have any tips for reborning with powders?
Thank you so much in advance.

1 Like

The powders and PanPastels are pretty much used for the finer details such as creases and shading around the nose and ears and such. Painting the kit with acrylics or heat set paints are typically what is used in creating the skin tones.

2 Likes

Thank you. When I was watching a tutorial by Sue-Ellen Taormina she was sealing with pigment mixed with a bit of water and matte sealer so I was thinking maybe washes and mottle could be done the same way.

2 Likes

She has a group on Facebook, look up her name as she used to post the link there.

2 Likes