Baby Legs Update

That sounds like an awesome sculpture! There are lots of different clays out there, I think majority use Polymer Clay for babies and OOAKS, but lately for the silicones some people have been using Monster Clay I think. Thanks for the tip, too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Izzy, be careful! I donā€™t know if water works on your type of clay. Thatā€™s why I was wondering abut what type we used when I made the statue. I remember the lady who took care of the oven saying mine would need to dry for a long time before baking because of the thickness. It could break when baking otherwise. This was back 18 years ago so perhaps things are different now. I wonder what type was popular in Canada back then for ceramics? I liked the way it handled.

1 Like

I think vaseline works well for now. Iā€™m not sure what clay you had but it sounds interesting! :slight_smile:

They look awesome!! You are so talented!!

1 Like

Thanks!

I think it might be the kind pottery artists use on a wheel based on the water thingā€¦

2 Likes

Some people have been using the Monster Clay to sculpt their silicone baby because it saves on cost because you donā€™t have to buy more clay after making your mold of the baby you sculpted. All you have to do is heat the Monster Clay (melts when heated) to reuse the clay to make another sculpt to mold. I am going to be ordering some Monster Clay next month to get started making my sculpts for silicone babies that I plan to have available for sale in early March of 2016. I will be making my own molds and pouring my own silicone babies. Starting next month and every month between Sept. and Feb. I am going to be stocking up on Ecoflex 20 and Ecoflex 10 (maybe), also getting the material that is needed to make my molds and the mother molds. My silicone babies will be full body and I may have some cloth body ones for practice painting before I paint my first full body silicone.

4 Likes

OMG!! Izzy they are beautiful! Are you sure you havenā€™t done this before? You are totally awesome and need to take your talent and run with it. "Just not to fast cause I wonā€™t be able to afford it if you go ā€œBigā€ to fast!! Canā€™t wait to see the full sculpt! Those little feet are darling! :revolving_hearts::footprints:

2 Likes

They are perfect!

1 Like

Ive been looking into monster clay too. I like the reuseable factor :slight_smile:

I like that factor too, simply because I havenā€™t sculpted in a long time, so I was thinking it would be good for me to practice for a good while before I get that perfect pretty baby sculpt that everyone (hopefully) will want. If I can cut some cost down on making my silicone babies, then I can sale them at a more reasonable price I hope.

@izzy your baby legs and feet are looking really good with wonderful detail with the creases. Keep it up! Have you started the arms yet?

2 Likes

One Wordā€¦PERFECTION!!!

1 Like

I was planning to use air dry. I do know some are easy to repair if they break. Was curious if they were durable enough for the molding process as well. I should think they would be.

You go, Izzy. Looking fabulous. The dolly world could always use more Asian sculpts :wink: there arenā€™t enough. Itā€™ll be awesome to see this babe finished!

3 Likes

Aw, thanks so much ladies! You guys made my day!
@Becca I used air dry clay and kinda hated it. I cracks and is too soft and weird and was hard to sculpt with.
@Rnd210 I havenā€™t started arms yet, school starts in a week and Iā€™ve been pretty busy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course everyone here will see the first wip silicone baby as I start working on it. I picked up some super sculpture today and I will start practicing, as long as I dong bake it I should be able reuse or redo.

3 Likes

You are truly a gifted artist.

2 Likes

Aw, thank you so much! That means a lot. :blush: