Baby Lanugo

My first practice applying Baby Lanugo. I like how it looks, can’t wait to actually use on a baby!

11 Likes

Looks good! I have a sample here of it but still have not tried it.

1 Like

It’s pretty easy to apply, I think its perfect for very newborn dolls to look more realistic

Does it have to be heat set?

I used a heat set thinning medium to apply it so I had to bake it, I don’t know if it can be applied in a different way, I’m new to this lol

where did you purchase It? I was going to buy some from dolls so real but only the tan is in stock.

I just bought it a few days ago at TruBorns

2 Likes

Has anybody ever tried it on the shoulders and tops of the ears? How durable is it?

1 Like

I haven’t used it on the shoulders, but I do apply it on the ears. Honestly most of it is gone by the time I’m done rooting, but the fibers on the cheeks and forehead seem to stay really well!

2 Likes

Looks wonderful!

Super late to the party but would you mind sharing how you applied it?

1 Like

Of course! I actually have it in a video if you want to see, but I basically do a layer of varnish and press it into the varnish. It’s kind of tricky, you need to control how much you have in your brush to avoid a beard look. If I’m using slightly longer lanugo, or want only a couple hairs in a specific area I apply it with tweezers pressing one end into the varnish. Then I just bake like normal. Some do another varnish layer over it, I personally don’t because I want the ends to be loose like real hairs and if you varnish over it just is like you have stuff stuck inside your varnish layer.

4 Likes

You’re amazing, thank you so much! Now my quinlyn can be a furry little thing!!! :heart:

2 Likes

Amazing! Thank you for sharing. I have some I haven’t tried either, this inspires me to try!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this! I have some Lunago samples Bobbi sent with orders but I have never used it because was afraid to. I might try it now!

1 Like