Baby Born Real dolls?!

I might be late to the show on this one, but I can’t see a thread for it but what are your thoughts on the Baby Born Real dolls?

They have copied Loulou, Levi and Maddie kits and personally I think it is shocking that a proper company would do this!

I’m from the UK but I see a couple of YT reborn channels have looked at them/reviewed them.

3 Likes

SCAM site…

1 Like

I was in a toy store today and came across it, I was just trying to find a link that you could access hence I pasted the above link, but here was the store I was in (a well known toy store in the UK): https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/fashion-and-dolls/dolls/baby-dolls/baby-born-real-hand-painted-realistic-reborn-baby-doll-girl-with-open-eyes/p/262695#mz-expanded-view-1665367362275

They are selling illegally produced dolls. Amazon, Temu, Walmart and others have them on their sites.

I know it sucks so bad. I see them at Target too here in the US and I’m like omg what the heck :sob::sob:. Very disappointing.

3 Likes

Are these the dolls FAO is putting in Target? if so its just corporate greed. They are not reborns, not impressive, just copies but… it’s the way it goes. I have had all the rumplestiltskin moments and made all kinds of comments mostly designed to make myself feel a little less angry about it. I think it’s a train we can never stop. We just have to keep making better babies.

The eyelashes are hard plastic, there is factory sprayed “blushing” and nail tips, and this ugly basket that has a diaper and a pacifier in it.

I keep telling myself there is a little girl somewhere who really wants a reborn but this is what may be affordable to parents. They are about 69.oo US here I think that is steep for a plastic doll not much different than any other doll on the shelf at a retail store. A lot to spend on the bottom of a toy box doll.

Maybe in a couple years she will grow up, get an after school job and buy a real reborn, or make one.

I really hope this doesn’t further confuse people.

2 Likes