Baby Bath?

After washing the doll parts with a cloth and Dawn dish soap, does anyone still spray and wipe the parts with rubbing alcohol? And if so, do you rinse it off after.

1 Like

I rub alcohol on the parts after they are clean and dry, except when I occasionally forget to use the alcohol. I then rinse the parts after the alcohol. Some have had issues with paint adherence when using the alcohol if they did not rinse the parts first.

1 Like

Oh great. Thank you.
I didn’t rinse it when I used to reborn.
Im starting all over again.

1 Like

How long has it been for you?

Probably 2018 was the last time I made one.

1 Like

Im sooo overwhelmed.

I wash them with dishwashing soap first. Dry them with a towel, rub parts with an alcohol and paint right after it - it evaporates.
A few times I forgot about an alcohol rub, and they painted fine also.

1 Like

It will come back to you and you’ll love it again.

1 Like

I do not use the alcohol on vinyls. It can interfere with many brands of air dry paints and Genesis sticks just fine without doing it. So I have never taken that up.

3 Likes

Oh thanks. Good to know.

I have Never used alcohol on any of my kits and I generally use Genesis paint but I have also used air dry, alcohol isn’t necessary and I have heard people say it causes problems with paint adhesion.

1 Like

I’ve never used alcohol. Just washed them. I have used genesis and different brands of air dry paint over the years and never had any trouble from not using alcohol.

1 Like

Thank you all!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I don’t use alcohol, I just wash them with dawn, rinse, dry and paint. Mostly just to get any gunk or dirty spots off from the factory. I use heat set, so I’m not really concerned about oils from my hands after the dawn wash, as I’m painting with oil. But back when I used air dry, I did used to do an alcohol wipe.

2 Likes

Thank you Emma🤗

It will come back to you. Share your progress with us.

Forgot to say that I wash my kits in my dishwasher on the one hour cycle with no extra heated water and no heated drying. After they wash I rinse them on the outside with tap water to wash off any soap residue that might be on there, then I air dry them on a bottle rack.

1 Like

I will. Thank you so much.

1 Like