Avatar babies and other ramblings

I’m not much into alternative babies, but there are three that I eventually would like to have in my collection.
An Avatar baby
A Grinch baby
An elephant baby
A dragon baby
(Ok, maybe 4 or 5 because I like Tinky too. Lol)
Ive seen kits or figured out ways to make all the babies except for the Avatar. Are regular kits used and modified for these Avatar babies?
I know I’m late to the party with this, but Avatar is my all time favorite movie with the Grinch being a close second. I assume any kit would work for the Grinch, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what’s used for the Avatar baby. The ears, tail, etc. I’d honestly buy one from another artist, but most are full silicone and that is way out of my budget.

Anyways, my brain has been in full reborn baby mode today and I want all the babies. Lol. I seriously want all the babies y’all post and that I see while researching reborns. (I think I research more than I paint, lol).

Going back to the elephant, does anyone have plans of reborning Babette the Elephant? Omg… she’s amazing!

5 Likes

LOL Seems like you almost have read my thoughts, except I don’t care for Babette and Grinch. I want to do fairy so much that I am looking at all what I can find as we speak. And I want everyone babies too! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: No, not true, my favorites everyone! :blush:

Is it common for fairies to have a wrinkle forehead?

3 Likes

I’d love to show mine off again!

I made the tail out of fabric. I searched all over the internet for a tail, lol. I was going to crochet one but that fabric matched the paint so well. Avatar was made as a custom. The Grinch isn’t mine to keep either. :disappointed_relieved:

Grinch out of Paige kit and Avatar out of Jasper kit!

!

Almost forgot my version of a Hybrid Avatar - mine to keep!

7 Likes

I’ve seen some really cute avatars made from Marita Winters fairy kits :blush:

2 Likes

Here is my avatar. made from an modified blinkin kit.

9 Likes

Oh my gosh!!! I love both of your versions of Avatars!! So sweet!!!
Wow, I’m amazed. :heart_eyes:

And that Grinch is my favorite ever! I forgot it was you that did that one! I want it. Lol.

What do you modify them with? Putty?

I wouldn’t think fairies would have wrinkles. Aren’t they supposed to be immortal magical beings? Lol. Idk. I guess it would depend on the kind of fairy it was.
I wonder if they have big fairies that can be made into an Avatar…

Big like this @Tessa …? She’s on sale right now too!!

2 Likes

Those are so cute

1 Like

Oh she would make a perfect Avatar!!! She has the long thin legs like them too!!! But she is older and wouldn’t be a baby. That’s the only thing.

I was just looking at this cutie. She’s only 14” though.

5 Likes

This might help @Tessa Then you could use any kit!!

2 Likes

@Babies4lisa so cute!
@Tessa My daughter came for a visit and claimed Grinch, lol! Can’t wait to see what you decide to do.
@hyelah1990 I have Venera but don’t know what to do with her. :thinking:
@dinokc Thank you!

2 Likes

1 Like

I wanted her so bad now I am ready to sell her, lol!

1 Like

@hyelah1990 that is awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing that with me! I just read a little of the directions and it didn’t seen too hard.

1 Like

She would make a great Avatar. Lol. You would probably make an amazing one with her.

1 Like

I don’t think that is going to happen. She will sit in the box till someone falls in love and wants her.

1 Like

No problem!! Can’t wait to see what you create!!

1 Like

I need to stop buying and talking about kits and start painting some of them! I’m becoming a hoarder of kits.

2 Likes

Oh, come on @AnnieSokay!! Lol

@Tessa I think a lot of us are hoarders, lol! @hyelah1990 I don’t want to and you can’t make me! :roll_eyes::upside_down_face::laughing:

2 Likes